Sunday, August 21, 2022

Sunday things

I'm not ready for it to be Sunday, because that means the weekend is half over! I'm absolutely dreading tomorrow, & the work week ahead. But, c'est la vie, the calendar isn't going to change its course for me. 

I was productive yesterday, and did lots of teen driving, and soccer game spectating. It was Nick's first soccer game in six months, and his first game with a new club. It also kicked off our 9th year of club soccer. Sam also had a game, and I had to help set up and dismantle the goals at both games, which involved a lot of lifting & moving, and took quite a chunk of time. I'm a little sore this morning. 

I also finally made progress with our garden items! 

  • Shredded and froze the giant zucchini sitting in the fridge
  • Picked and roasted all of the squash, pureed it & froze it for a future soup
  • Made a 4x batch of pickled jalapenos
This freed up a bunch of fridge space, and made me feel good, as I know I'm not letting things go to waste. I did toss a few jalapenos that were beyond saving, but otherwise, I was just in time.

M made cheesesteaks for dinner last night, as they are one of Nick's favorites. I'd never tried them before, but they were super delicious. Yum! They are very rich, and meat is pricey, so they will be on the special menu list, not daily list. But, we will make them again!

Now, for today:
  • Workout class with a friend this morning
  • Driving lesson for Sam
  • Hair cut for Nick
  • Wash all sheets
  • Laundry
  • Call my parents
  • Sort out schedule for the week
  • Finalize soccer carpool
  • Make a salad
  • Work in the garden
  • Make Japan packing list
What about you? What are you up to today?

10 comments:

  1. Well I washed the sheets and changed my bed on Thursday and that was a job for me. To my credit, I also washed the mattress pad and 3 blankets. Cause yeah, my husband keeps the house so cold at night (68) that I need them. However, the top blanket is to keep the dog hair off of the others.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the end result of clean sheets, but it always feels like an undertaking!

      Delete
  2. I'm spending the day with my grandson. he's taking a nap right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you are getting in time with your grandson!

      Delete
  3. Revanche @ A Gai Shan LifeAugust 21, 2022 at 1:44 PM

    (Not sure why the URL text field thinks my URL is invalid, but hopefully leaving it off entirely works.)

    I feel the same way about Sunday. I don't want to be gliding into Monday already! Surely we can collectively fight back against this and get ourselves an extra Sunday??

    Mondays are extra hard now with PiC having to be on site and me having to solo with the kids. I need to be as close to my 100% as I can be.

    I wore myself out yesterday so I am forced to rest today but am really hoping I can think of something good (and very simple so I don't have to be on my feet much) to make with the chicken thighs I've defrosted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When work is going smoothly, I typically don't think about work a lot until late on Sunday. When it's not going well, I start dreading it already on Friday night.

      Hope you got some rest yesterday!

      Delete
  4. I made a batch of muffins. Hubs hadn't seen my daughter's house post move in, so we drove over and he figured out her hippy-dippy manual push mower. It was kind of fun to try. She later texted she mowed her whole lawn and it was a work out. I made a huge veggie masala which will feed my daughter for days. I've the weekend clothes in the wash. I would love tomorrow off, but will be a bear since I had Friday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy for your daughter & her move. Sounds like it's going to be a great fit for her.

      Delete
  5. I did sheets this weekend when I cleaned house. I made hubs teach all the kids to drive. I was just too high strung. They still make fun of me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mom was the same. I'm pretty even tempered while teaching him. He's now about 80% there, which is WAY better than when he was first starting out. Now,that was terrifying.

      Delete