February always flies by, with a short month & birthdays + ski week thrown in. Here's how I did with my goals this month.
- Stick to our budget - our power bill was sky high, but the rest of our monthly categories were on track.
- Target 5 "hard to use" freezer or pantry items - crushed it, using up 8 items
- Used a squash, right before it was about to be tossed
- Freezer brussel sprouts
- Smoothie kits no one liked (2)
- Rotisserie chicken
- Pot roast
- Giant can of San Marzano tomatoes, buried in the back of the pantry
- Pulled pork
- Pork chops (unfortunately, tossed, as they were freezer burned)
- Make $200 in side hustle - I made $131
- Save $500 in boys college accounts - I added $1,000 to Sam's account (birthday) & will do the same for Nick's birthday next month.
- Save $2,000 - no. I booked our flights to France (sister's 50th birthday trip) & our remaining bonus payout lands in March vs February. I should be able to catch up next month.
- Plan one fun activity with the kids - we went skiing together
- Summer plans - I was able to book Nick's two summer camps
- Help boys with job applications - submitted
- Have two dates with M - we had one date (beer, while waiting for the boys to finish skiing)
- Pictures for M's family - yes, sent.
- Lose 3 lbs - my February weight was a little all over. I lost a bit (maybe muscle, as I wasn't working out very hard) & have now stabilized & am where I started the month.
- Track calories, & average below 1500 calories/day - I finished at 1517/day, which I'm happy with
- Work out 24 days - I worked out 27 days (missing the day we drove home from Tahoe)
- Sort out my knee injury - yes, I had an MRI & found out that the pain is being caused by a cyst, and there's nothing structurally wrong with my knee. This was great news, as it means I can go back to my intense workouts.
- Do something social with friends - this is the first month in a long time that I can't think of anything I did!
- Invest time in my volunteer roles - I haven't done much this month
- Practice French on Duolingo - I'm a bit sporadic, but working on it
- Lock in date for girls trip to France - yes, and flights booked!
How did you do with your goals this month? Any wins to share?