Our busy season at work & in our family life continues!
Saving on things we buy
- Used a flight credit to book one of the tickets to France, and used upgrade points to (hopefully) get upgraded to business class both ways.
- I used $12 of Safeway offers (one was a birthday reward, not sure what the other $5 was for) to get: 2 family sized packages of Oreos, a container of sour cream, two green peppers, two containers of Haagen Dazs ice cream, & dill dip for $9. The ice cream & cookies are for Sam's birthday next week. I supposedly saved $30, but I definitely wouldn't have bought most of the items for the non-sale/rewards price.
- I received another Safeway reward for $5, plus a $1 produce & $1 bakery reward. I stopped in for more ice cream & birthday pie (it's birthday season at our house!), as well as pears, saving $7 off of the purchase. The pie was pricey, & I would have made it myself, but... time.
- Sold an ant habitat on FB market place
- Helped the boys fill out summer job applications
- I used two birthday reward offers to get a free drink (Starbucks) & a frosted sugar cookie (Panera). I rarely get the Panera cookies, because I love them so much. They are delicious.
Eating what we have
- I used several leftovers (including Super Bowl snacks) in a chicken fiesta rice dish. The pimento cheese dip added a nice flavor, but it still was missing a bit of salt/cream, so I added our remaining dill dip. That seasoned it nicely, and was an unexpected addition. I also used up a few shishito peppers (in place of the chiles) & the remainder of a bag of shredded cheese. I didn't want to shred more cheddar, and found a bit of crumbled feta from another leftover, so in that went. Sam had his in a tortilla that had been lingering in the fridge. Part of the leftover rice dish went into the freezer, as it made plenty for three dinners.
- Continued to eat lots of leftovers, including chicken tenders from the Super Bowl, kebabs & rice, and the above chicken dish.
- Helped out with rides for a school event
That's it from our side. What about you? Any wins to share?