January was both slow & fast, at various times, but regardless, February is here! Let's see how I did with my goals for the month:
- Stick to our budget - we ended up moving to a more expensive hotel on January 1st (due to a huge snowstorm). We've also had some other large expenses, but had some income wins as well that offset this.
- Use up 5 freezer items - we've definitely used up 5 freezer items, as I stocked the freezer again. I need to be more specific with my goals, and target individual "hard to use" items, for my next month's challenge.
- Save $500 for college - we were able to save much more than expected, through my bonus & a settlement I received. Total saved in January was $13,000
- Earn $200 in side hustle money - I made a mistake in a listing, & had to do a return, so my earnings in January were abysmal. All told, I made $26
- Apply for status match on preferred airline - I've submitted the form, & am awaiting approval.
- Plan one fun activity with the kids - we had a mom/boys dinner last week
- Plan out college visits - I've planned out a trip to Colorado in June
- Help Nick with driving - lots & lots of driving, dealt with insurance, and booked his behind the wheel test
- Have two dates with M - we went out for dinner one evening
- Pictures for M's family - pictures sent
- Finalize ski week plans - plans are booked & finalized
- Lose 5 lbs - I lost 2 lbs (carryover holiday weight)
- Track calories - I tracked almost every day, and was able to fill in the gaps for the rest of the month
- Close rings 30 days - definitely not, thanks to my knee
- Make the most of fitness options - not really, with my knee. I did well before that.
- Make a doctor's appointment - done
- Do something social with friends - met three friends for walks, went to lunch with another friend, & had a virtual happy hour with my sister/BFF
- Invest time in my volunteer roles - it's been quiet in January, but I've continued
- Practice French on Duolingo - slowly but surely!
What about you? Did you have any goals for January? How did you do?