Saturday, February 18, 2023

Saturday Happenings

It's going to be a packed day, but we leave tomorrow for a ski trip, so I need to make the most of it!

Here's what I'll be up to today:

  • Work on both sets of taxes
  • Work out class
  • Finalize shopping list
  • Costco, produce stand
  • Go to a workout class
  • Sam's having a birthday party at a bowling alley, so I'll need to be there to pay. I'll likely just read my book for the rest of the time, to avoid being a party crasher. ;-) 
  • Pack for myself for skiing
  • Review the boys packing
  • Pack all food & household items
  • Pick up Nick's buddy's ski stuff, so we can get the car loaded. We're taking a friend, to celebrate Nick's 16th birthday. 
  • Figure out dinner. I've defrosted some leftover pot roast, and will make roasted potatoes & carrots to go with that. Oh, and a salad. I guess I've figured it out. ;-) 
  • Have Sam write thank you notes for his birthday gifts.
What about you? What are you up to today? 

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like a super busy day. Today I am working on laundry, took Ben to his basketball game, and now home to ice his finger as he jammed it shooting around with his brother and some other kids. Hope you have a fun ski trip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope Ben's finger is better! Our ski trip was great - lots of fun & laughs.

      Delete
  2. I went to see my youngest grandchild today. It was such a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you had time with your grandchild today! It sounds like the move has really allowed you that family time that you wanted.

      Delete
  3. How close are your boys' birthdays? My girls' are 9 days apart, so we had their parties on adjacent weekends. It was busy, but at least there was one week in between to rest, recover, and get ready for the next one. At least teen parties are generally free of parental involvement, other than from the sidelines, unlike, say, the toddler years!

    Saturday here was great, and evoked something I read on another blog about 'Each day is a lifetime in and of itself.' I woke early to do paperwork and make cookies, spent the afternoon sailing (it was gorgeous, smooth, and we saw hundreds of dolphins), returned home to clean up then met friends for dinner in nearby Laguna Beach, after which we all returned here for my earlier-made cookies and a fierce game of cribbage guys vs gals).

    -Tamara R

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your day sounds so fabulous! My boys are 1 year apart, and their birthdays are a month apart (so, they are 13 months apart). It's a bit of a gap, at least. Sam & I have birthdays six days apart, and Valentine's also falls within that, so there's always a lot going on!

      Delete
  4. What a busy day you had. Enjoy your ski trip.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete