It's been another week!
Saving on things we buy
- On a very busy day, I redeemed a free 1/2 sandwich offer for lunch at Panera
- Used a $20 grocery store reward to pick up: three cases of sparkling water, two package of fruit snacks (airport/road trip snacks - splurge), and three containers of juice for Nick's smoothies. I spent $6 out of pocket, and earned a little back via Fetch (Bubly offer).
- Used a belated birthday offer from Chipotle to get a free chip & guac (for Sam), when I took him to dinner one night. I used a gift card to pay for our dinner.
- Sold an (empty) box for Airpods, which was Nick's Christmas gift last year. It still blows my mind that people will pay for the boxes, but I guess it increase the resale value of the item they are selling, to have the box.
- M & I received the remainder of our 2022 bonus this week. I put mine in the boys college accounts, and savings. He is using his for taxes. Fun. ;-)
- Picked up a box of oatmeal & an extra watch band/charger (for my fitness class) via Buy Nothing
- Another neighbor was giving away avocados (we have lots of citrus fruit & avocado trees here), so I picked up a bag
Eating what we have
- We don't keep bread on hand (typically) & I have a few jams/jellies open & in the fridge. We rarely use them, so I've been adding a bit of jelly to Nick's smoothies. I finished off the blueberry jelly this week, and will start working through the strawberry jelly next.
- I also used a container of pureed pumpkin (from when I picked up a few free pumpkins at the store, after Halloween) & made pumpkin muffins.
- Ate lots of leftovers during the week.
- Sam & I both had leftover Chipotle for a second dinner, and I have just enough for a lunch. The person making our food was clearly new, and very generous with the toppings. ;-)
- Gave away a few items on Buy Nothing, volunteered for a citizenship project at work, and helped at the school
What about you? Any frugal wins to share?