It's been a very busy week, full of lots of sports for the kids, and late work meetings, so not a lot to report.
Saving on things we buy
- I remembered to cancel one night of a hotel I had booked for a wedding. We will only be there for ~24 hours, due to the boys work schedules & the difficulty of getting from SFO to eastern Washington for a weekend. The flights were crazy expensive, but I did save $150 or so by cancelling one night of the hotel. I'm glad I remembered before it was too late!
- Sold a luggage tag on eBay.
- Helped the kids with work applications, for their summer jobs.
- Thought about getting Starbucks on a very tired day, but avoided it!
Eating what we have
- I gave up coffee six weeks or so back, and still have multiple non dairy milks in the fridge. Just used up one of the soy milks, making smoothies. Bonus: I used up fruit the boys didn't eat, and an overly ripe banana.
- Eating up lots of leftovers for dinners, and when that's failed, cheese & crackers. It's been a busy week! :-)
- Weeded a bit of my neighbor's yard, while I was outside. They have mobility issues, so I like to help out while I'm working on my own yard.
What about you? Any wins to share?
That's lovely that you are able to help your neighbors. Community is everything.ReplyDelete
So sweet of you to help your neighbours. My win was being under budget for groceries this month and under total budget as well.ReplyDelete