- I sold a Victoria's Secret gift card that I've had for at least a couple of years. I'll get a check for $30, after they receive it.
- Listed a pair of boots on eBay.
- Redeemed more United miles for a $100 Amazon gift card. Normally, gift cards aren't a valuable redemption option for miles, but I can't find any flights on United for routes I normally fly. In fact, I have a $200 United credit that I'm not sure how I can use. So, in this case, the $100 of Amazon credit is a better option.
- Went with a day camp today for the boys random school day off (cheaper than our nanny), and saved at least $22.
- Skipped cleaning lady today (she's on vacation), plan to clean the house myself, & saved $90.
- The $14.99 prepared flatbread that M asked for when I was traveling. And forgot to use. It was moldy by the time I came home. I apparently can't let this one go. ;-) No, really, I just like to ensure that I remember both the things that went well, and learn from my mistakes.
So, total savings = $227. Which isn't so bad, after factoring in my wins & losses. I didn't include the ebay item, as I'm not sure it will sell.
What about you? What are your frugal wins & fails for the last week?
None-unless you count that I saved half my meal out with the girls after volleyball for lunch the next day, and half my supper from last night for lunch today wins. I made a really frugal soup on Sunday but have an expensive day tomorrow.ReplyDelete
I think that works! Stay on track, Sam! :-)Delete
I don't think you can count your hubby not using the flatbread (it was his :)) I need to figure out what to do with a $100 spa GC that I can't use - I have fibro and cannot stand people touching/rubbing me so no spa treatments for me. It was from a previous employer. Would like to sell it but the card is associated with their name, I checked. I think I might try and sell it to the neighbor for his wife for Valentines day/Mothers day.ReplyDelete
I like that idea! I, on the other hand, love massages. That's my big splurge for my birthday next week. Massages are the best. :-) Hope you are able to find a buyer.Delete