Sunday, February 21, 2016

What did we eat this week?

I like to read what other people read during the week, so I'll share our meals as well. Unfortunately, I don't have any exciting pictures. But, here goes. ;-)

Monday:
Breakfast - at my parents house. We had a spicy egg dish & fruit.
Lunch - We ate out on the way to the airport. I didn't get anything (too full from breakfast), but everyone else had Chipotle.
Dinner - I threw together a frozen pizza as soon as we walked through the door after our flight.

Tuesday:
Breakfast - adults at work. Kids had eggs, fruit & toast.
Lunch - adults at work. Kids had sandwiches/packed lunches.
Dinner - spaghetti & meatballs. Adults had it with pesto sauce (from the basil that still lingers from 2 years ago. Trying to get rid of it so I can plant more basil this spring!) And salad. We have salad with every dinner. It's huge & includes: lettuce/kale, tomatoes, cucumber, broccoli, cauliflower, radishes, mini peppers - topped with lemon & olive oil.

Wednesday:
Breakfast - adults at work. Kids had eggs, fruit & toast.
Lunch - adults at work. Kids had sandwiches/packed lunches.
Dinner - Beef tacos on flour tortilla shells, & salad.

Thursday:
Breakfast - adults at work. Kids had eggs, fruit & toast.
Lunch - adults at work. Kids had sandwiches/packed lunches.
Dinner - leftover spaghetti & meatballs. M had it again with pesto. I had it with fresh tomatoes & parmesan. And salad.

Friday:
Breakfast - M was at work, I worked from home & had a banana protein smoothie. Kids had eggs, fruit & toast.
Lunch - M was at work, I worked from home. I made a classic grilled cheese (using up leftover shredded cheese) & apple panini. Kids had sandwiches/packed lunches.
Dinner - I made blackened tilapia with edamame, and had a single serving of tortellini for M. The kids had taco quesadillas, using up the last of the taco meat. And, salad

Saturday:
Breakfast - I had an egg on toast with fruit. Kids had eggs, fruit & toast. M skipped breakfast & went on a run.
Lunch - We were out dealing with a car service, so we used a work gift card to try out a restaurant near the dealership. Lunch for 4 was $6.20, after the gift cards.
Dinner - Nick & I had a pizza party to attend for his soccer. Sam is still sick, so he & M stayed behind & had Costco pizza from the freezer

Sunday: 
Breakfast - We all had eggs on toast with fruit.
Lunch - I was starving after a 2 hour hike with a friend, so I had a leftover piece of pizza & cashews. Everyone had fridge leftovers. Kids - taco quesadillas. M - fish tacos using up leftover tilapia from Friday's dinner
Dinner - Persian "feast" - ground beef kebabs, rice, grilled tomatoes, & yogurt sauce. Plus salad. And, wine for the adults.

And, aside from that, I went on a glorious 2 hour hike with a friend in the sunshine, returned a few birthday items, ran to the produce stand, baked some bread, and generally relaxed. It was a super nice, relaxing day!

What about you? What did you eat this week?

2 comments:

  1. Monday/Tuesday I can't really remember. One night was leftovers but I can't remember the other night.
    Wednesday--red wine beef stew in the slow cooker
    Thursday--chicken sandwiches and salad
    Friday--sauteed sausage, potatoes and spinach with garlic and onions
    Saturday--homemade burgers with garlic green beans
    Today--tater tot hotdish, totally a Minnesota dish
    Tomorrow--pork country style ribs in the slow cooker with a pasta veggie salad

    I don't have the rest of the week completely planned out yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm like you - I forget quickly! We tend to have the same meals on repeat, which makes it a bit easier. And, I have had tater tot casserole many times! My mom used to make it often when I was growing up. ;-)

      Delete