Thursday, February 25, 2016

The road to recovery

I'm starting to feel almost human again. As long as I'm not too active, I'm not in much pain. The trouble starts when I try to bend down to unload the dryer, dishwasher, make dinner, etc. Of course, it's not as though your life changes after surgery & you magically don't need to do any chores. ;-) M has been amazing & helped out as much as he possibly can, but he also works crazy hours & is making up for taking Tuesday off for my surgery.

I'm feeling very lucky that we have our nanny this week, as she's been able to do the majority of the heavy lifting with the boys in the afternoon, as well as the driving, which I can't do until I stop taking pain medicine. Speaking of the pain medicine, it's made me crave sweets unlike any craving I've ever had before. Specifically, shortbread! It's amazing. I've been having dreams about dessert. Apparently, it's not terribly uncommon. I suppose there are worse things to dream about. :-)

I've read three books & slept a lot. My goals for today are to follow up on some personal correspondence (sending emails isn't exactly a taxing physical project) & to rest for the weekend, when I know I have to be back in business..

I forgot to make a meal plan, so I've been winging it so far. Tonight we'll have beef tacos with chips & guacamole. Sam is having a buddy over for a belated birthday sleepover, and he's requested calzones. Normally I'd make my own dough, but I think I'll buy crescent rolls or pizza dough at the store instead. Laziness for the win!

In frugal news, I haven't spent any money this week. It's hard to spend anything when you are sleeping. ;-)

Hope you are all having a great Tuesday!

2 comments:

  1. Hope you're on the mend. thats major surgery, so take it easy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you made it through ok, but please be sure to take things slowly

    ReplyDelete