Tuesday, February 16, 2016

I'm back, & weekly spending roundup - 2/8-2/14

We had a fantastic time with my family over the past few days! I got to see my best friend, my sister, my nephews, parents, & other assorted relatives. The boys played, rode bikes, and had a blast at the water park.

It was a much more expensive week than normal, as it involved my birthday, a trip, and our celebration for Sam's 10th birthday.

Here's what we spent:


  • 2/8 (Monday) - No spend day
  • 2/9 (Tuesday) - No spend day
  • 2/10 (Wednesday):
    • Out to dinner for my birthday - $155.41 (We even brought our own wine. Spendy!)
    • Two weeks of after school childcare to our nanny - $418 
  • 2/11 (Thursday):
    • Spa day for me. $312. Obviously, a once a decade splurge. It was glorious, btw. :-)
    • Dinner at the airport (I brought snacks & a refillable water bottle to keep costs down) - $35.76
  • 2/12 (Friday)
    • We had breakfast at my sister's house before we left, and lunch at Quizno's. My sister paid, as I paid for the hotel deposit back in 2015. (We do the math at the end, & split the bill after all of the expenses).
    • We had the following snacks at a water park (shared 6 ways): one order of fries, one soft pretzel, and one beer (only shared 2 ways. We don't let the kids drink beer!) - $7
    • We had pizza for dinner, brought our own wine, snacks, & treats for the kids. We used gift card bonuses purchased before the holidays to offset the kids activity in the evening (a Magic Quest/scavenger hunt & time at the arcade :0)) - $20
  • 2/13 (Saturday)
    • Breakfast buffet + Starbucks ($20)
    • Lunch at Wendy's - $12.28
    • Dinner - at my parents. Free. ;-)
    • Uber to airport (husband) - $22.51
  • 2/14 (Sunday)
    • Birthday party for both boys. I paid for the wine & beer for the adults. $60
    • Rest of the day - food from my parents house. 
    • Bike ride with the fam. Free. :-) 
Total spent last week = $1062.96. Not that bad, given everything that we did over the past few days & the double milestones! 

How was your week? Did you track your spending? 

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lovely time and based on all the family/friends you saw well worth it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was expensive, but we had a great time. Now I need a nap - it was very hard to come back to work this morning. ;-)

      Delete
  2. Good thing you don't let your kids drink beer :). Glad you had a good time and happy belated birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was really great. Low key, fun, and time with family. All of my favorites. :-)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. It was great! Definitely spendy, so not an all of the time week, but a great splurge. :-)

      Delete