It was a much more expensive week than normal, as it involved my birthday, a trip, and our celebration for Sam's 10th birthday.
Here's what we spent:
- 2/8 (Monday) - No spend day
- 2/9 (Tuesday) - No spend day
- 2/10 (Wednesday):
- Out to dinner for my birthday - $155.41 (We even brought our own wine. Spendy!)
- Two weeks of after school childcare to our nanny - $418
- 2/11 (Thursday):
- Spa day for me. $312. Obviously, a once a decade splurge. It was glorious, btw. :-)
- Dinner at the airport (I brought snacks & a refillable water bottle to keep costs down) - $35.76
- 2/12 (Friday)
- We had breakfast at my sister's house before we left, and lunch at Quizno's. My sister paid, as I paid for the hotel deposit back in 2015. (We do the math at the end, & split the bill after all of the expenses).
- We had the following snacks at a water park (shared 6 ways): one order of fries, one soft pretzel, and one beer (only shared 2 ways. We don't let the kids drink beer!) - $7
- We had pizza for dinner, brought our own wine, snacks, & treats for the kids. We used gift card bonuses purchased before the holidays to offset the kids activity in the evening (a Magic Quest/scavenger hunt & time at the arcade :0)) - $20
- 2/13 (Saturday)
- Breakfast buffet + Starbucks ($20)
- Lunch at Wendy's - $12.28
- Dinner - at my parents. Free. ;-)
- Uber to airport (husband) - $22.51
- 2/14 (Sunday)
- Birthday party for both boys. I paid for the wine & beer for the adults. $60
- Rest of the day - food from my parents house.
- Bike ride with the fam. Free. :-)
Total spent last week = $1062.96. Not that bad, given everything that we did over the past few days & the double milestones!
How was your week? Did you track your spending?