We signed the papers for the house yesterday. All that's left now is to get the money wired. My money (i.e. from my brokerage accounts) was finalized today (just showed today as "cleared" in my account). So happy. It's ready to go! M's money is still one day behind mine (different brokers), so we'll need to wire his separately.
I'm not feeling great, so I'll set a realistic set of goals for today:
- Call all utilities, and add our name to the account for billing purposes. We can't have the fumigation done with power/water.
- Build a move timeline with the fumigation, the flooring, packing & moving out.
- Take Nick to two futsal games
- Do some sort of light exercise, if I feel up to it. Unfortunately, weekends are always my dedicated workout day, so it's no good if I'm sick.
- Finalize meal plan (below)
- Make a Costco list based on menu
- Costco (likely M will go)
- Go to the produce stand
- Talk with M in more detail about our car plans. We own an Audi that is impacted by the lawsuit, and are trying to determine next steps. We may turn in our other car for a Nissan Leaf. The pricing on the Leaf is unbelievably good, & we have free charging stations at work. We know a few coworkers who have one, and they only charge at work, so no increased power bill. More details to come on this one. I'd love to invest in an electric car, especially if the price is right. Right now, it's looking like we could trade in our other car & not pay anything on a Leaf for at least 2-3 years. The lease is around $100/month. The gas savings alone from those first few years would pay for the remainder of the lease. Anyway, if we proceed, I'll share the full financial model on this.
- Finalize cash flow model & budget, post move
- Make rolls or bread for tomorrow's "big game". (Anyone but the Patriots, so Go Falcons!!)
- Make pizza/dough
- Email our accountant for a new time/date appointment.
- Go through my closet/boys closets & continue to get rid of things we don't need, in advance of the packing.
I have a few late meetings during the upcoming week, and want to work down our freezer stash before we move. Our new house is only a mile or so away, but it's still easier to move less.
Here's what's on the menu for the week. I've been having to adjust our menu plan each week, as we've typically gotten away with cooking just on weekends. However, Sam is a rapidly growing 11 year old, and I find that we're left with one missing meal by the end of the week. I'll start filling in with the one off single serving freezer dinners as needed.
- Saturday - homemade pizza/calzones
- Sunday - it's the Super Bowl, so there will be some snacky foods & soup/homemade rolls for anyone looking for more. For snacks, I'm thinking homemade hummus, artichoke dip/pretzel chips, & maybe goat cheese crostini
- Monday - tortilla soup from the freezer + guacamole for on top/with chips
- Tuesday - Leftover pizza
- Wednesday - chicken pastina (freezer)
- Thursday - spaghetti & meatballs (sauce & meatballs from the freezer)
- Friday - it's my birthday, so something easy! Plus champagne & cupcakes, which are my only birthday gift request this year. :-)
What about you? What's on your to do list this week? Any good menu suggestions?
We sold our Audi about 6 months ago. We always buy used but I think it is likely one of our next vehicles will be hybrid. Great idea on charging the car at work.ReplyDelete
I'm excited to find out more about the Leaf. I almost bought a Prius way back (10+ years ago), but was worried about the risk. Then we needed a bigger "family" car, and now I"m ready to try for something more fuel efficient again.Delete
Sounds like a great plan, hope you feel better! And Friday is the best day for a birthday lol It's mine too!!ReplyDelete
Happy birthday!!! And yes, so happy my birthday is on a Friday, so I can really enjoy it. :-)Delete