Sunday, February 12, 2017

Sunny Sunday

The meeting with the prospective tenant yesterday went very well. I think there's a 50% chance his family will choose to rent the house.

I also walked to the grocery store and to pick up a prescription yesterday. It was relaxing & nice to combine two errands with some exercise. I spent the rest of the day packing. Oh, my back! I also biked back & forth to the new house, so we could put up the basketball hoop from our current house. Those things are insanely heavy & required several hours of dismantling & putting back up.

We closed out the day with a glass of wine (it was a gift, and I didn't like it that much, but waste not/want not, & I certainly wasn't going to move it) & a Persian cutlet dish (from the freezer). M made a yogurt cucumber sauce & roasted potatoes to go with it, while the kids played tennis. Nice & relaxing, at least for the evening hours. We were all really productive during the day, so we relaxed a bit in the evening.

On to today! Both boys have futsal, so M is taking them to their games/practice while I go on a hike with a friend this morning. I love combining a social activity with fitness, so it's a huge win for me. What else is in store today?


  • Return library books
  • Wash all of the sheets
  • Sort our schedule for next week (nanny, carpooling, work, etc)
  • Wrap Sam's birthday gifts
  • Corral Nick into working on his book report
  • Make rolls
  • Make hummus
  • Call our internet provider for the new house
  • Laundry
  • Register the boys for a summer camp
  • Transfer our trash service
  • And, time permitting - yoga! My back is killing me

Oh, and here's the menu plan for the week:



Saturday - Cutlet & potatoes
Sunday - kebabs & rice
Monday - Leftover cutlet & rice
Tuesday - Leftover kebabs & rice. Maybe with wine, as it's Valentine's Day. :-)
Wednesday - I have a work dinner, so M & the boys will have spaghetti & meatballs
Thursday - Sam's birthday. I'm thinking he'll want to go out to Sweet Tomatoes.
Friday - If there are any leftovers, we will have that. Hard to tell by looking at the menu. If not, I'll make chicken risotto

The weather is gorgeous today, and the forecast is calling for more rain, so I have a feeling we will be outside as often as possible. Yeah for a little bit of sun to break up the winter weather! What about you? What's on your agenda for the week? 

2 comments:

  1. Fingers and toes crossed for you on the potential renter, that would take a load off your shoulders, I am sure. I got boatloads of work done today, all company business for fiscal year end but it required kicking hubby out of office all day and me doing much hated year end work. Got it all done except one piece which I expect to do this week. The weather is better and I hope to get my passport renewal handed in this week which was delayed due to multiple snowstorms last week. Hubby cooked dinner tonight which was a really nice change :) He likes to cook but has little time to do it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice job on getting your year end stuff wrapped up! Must be a huge relief.

      Delete