February is a big month, because we are buying a house! I can't believe it. Lots of fun changes ahead.
1) Financial - Figure out our housing situation, and get it all resolved (i.e. moved, job changes as needed) before school starts.
- Set a move date.
- Get our San Francisco house rented (we are limited on what we can do, other than keeping the house clean & ready, and making it available for showings.)
- Build a brand new budget for our lives, with our new costs & expenses
- Find one alternative cost cutting option (last month it was cleaning the windows with free newspaper vs paper towels).
- Determine if we're doing any work in the house, and sources of funding
- Build new cash flow model
- Sell another $100 of items on the Facebook swap site.
- Continue to declutter so we can pack less!
- Do a minimum of one fun activity/month with the kids. This can be family puzzle night, cooking dinner together, board games, going out somewhere, etc.
- Be more present with the kids & M - play games, minimize computer time, exercise together, etc.
- Have two dates with M per month (one lunch, one evening)
- Figure out adjusted travel plans for 2017
- Run 12 miles in February
- Eat five servings of fruit & vegetables (combined) per day
- Complete 800 minutes of cardio
- Complete 6 strength workouts.
- Complete 6 stretching workouts.
4) Work/career - Improve my work life balance.
- Keep better perspective at work/reduce stress
- Work from home 2x this month.
- Bake bread, and try a new recipe.
- Do something social at least once per month.
- Volunteer a minimum of 1x/month.
That's it for February. It will really be all about moving & preparing to move. What about you? What's on your agenda for February? Any big goals to accomplish?
Post a Comment