- Brought food & drinks to soccer tournament this weekend. The boys each got a bagel at the planned "brunch" with the team, but they ate lunch that I packed, and M & I ordered nothing. Got out of there for $5, which is a huge win.
- Have been doing a great job of going through my pantry stores & using things up.
Filled out a $50 rebate for our thermostat. We bought this a while ago, but I discovered the rebate while I was on the power site for other purposes.(Turned out we didn't qualify, as we bought it a few weeks outside of the rebate window. Bummer, but happy I tried. Only took 5 minutes!)
- Bought a flight for my trip to the beach with my mom & sister (my mom's birthday & Mother's Day gifts) & was able to use both a credit from a flight snafu + a price matching credit to get the flight for free. I also shopped earlier, and the flight was 1/2 of the normal price, which is how I was able to get it under the overall credit total.
- Realized I had a few points expiring on a hotel chain I never used. Not enough for an airline transfer or anything else. Was able to cash it in for a $10 Starbucks gift card. I'll take it!
- I have orange juice on my Thanksgiving shopping list (cranberry sauce) & discovered a small bottle that Nick got at soccer practice & didn't drink. Tucked it away for next week, and marked one item off of the list.
- Made lots of pesto over the weekend with our basil.
- Ate every dinner at home!
How about you? Any frugal wins to report?