Friday, February 9, 2018

Frugal Friday

It's a glorious Friday, as I'm using a comp day (weekend travel) to have an early birthday. :-) Looking forward to a nice weekend with the lovely men in my life.


  • Sent feedback to United about lack of entertainment/wifi (on a 10+ hour trip!) & got points credited
  • Submitted expense report to work in a timely manner, so I'll get repaid quickly
  • Bought Costco groceries using gift card
  • This is about the kids, but they went BMX racing on Sunday. They can either get a trophy (assuming they place) or, partial credit towards a future race. Both passed on the trophy & took the future credit. Woohoo!
  • Packed lunches for the kids, so they would avoid the snack shack while at the BMX park
  • Made lunch & dinner at home on Saturday/Sunday. 
  • Stuck to things around the house for the Superbowl, minus avocados (guac for our tacos) & my favorite spicy hummus. I knew I wouldn't get around to making it myself. 
  • Treated myself to a 90 minute massage at a fancy pants spa today. Used a gift card I received from work last Christmas & never used. At this spa, most people order food to be delivered after, while they hang out by the pool, etc. I came home & had soup from the freezer. ;-)
That's it for me. We are going to enjoy the sunshine this afternoon, have an early birthday dinner (Nick has a futsal game tomorrow evening) & then relax. I'm hoping there's wine or champagne involved! Hope you are all having a fabulous & frugal Friday.

2 comments:

  1. Your sons were very wise to take the future credit. We had tons of trophies (3 sons x multi sports for years=lots) As adults they mean absolutely nothing to them and have all gone (sans nameplates) to goodwill.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‚๐ŸŽ‚๐Ÿธ

    ReplyDelete