- Finalize all 2018 budget trackers - done
- Stick to 2018 budget - in progress
- Model out savings plan for the year - done, but we are still working on the remodel plan for the house, which will have quite an impact on our savings
- Come up with one way to reduce what we need/spend on an ongoing basis - yes! I found a handkerchief my grandmother made me, and used that throughout an illness. I've also located additional handkerchiefs that my grandmother made, and will be picking those up in March. They have a nice sentimental touch when I see them, but also drastically reduces our need for Kleenex.
- Assuming one car is back from the shop, sell our sedan - still waiting for our car to come back
- If we sell the sedan, call around for new car insurance. - see above
- Have one family evening together: cooking dinner, board games, etc - yes, we had family movie night
- Have a date night with M, and potentially a date lunch! - we actually did two date nights. One unplanned, & one planned.
- My extended family has asked for tips & tricks on travel hacking, so send a family newsletter with helpful details. - Yes, sent. And, already saved someone quite a bit. Love it!
- Complete a full round of 21 Day Fix - Done!
- Eat 5 servings a day of fruit & veggies - Yes! This is usually a huge struggle on work trips, but I snuck in with a 5.03 servings/day average.
- Lose 3 pounds - I lost 2 lbs. Given my international work trip, I'm feeling happy I maintained my 2 lb loss!
- Run at least 6 times - The bronchitis slowed me down, but I ran 4x.
- Work from home 3 days -worked from home 3x
- Continue working through my checklist on setting an end date - we're working through our remodeling plan, which may impact my end date
- Try a yogurt recipe - Yes! I tried a new yogurt recipe, roasted my first chicken, & tried a new chicken curry recipe. The yogurt was fabulous! So thick & creamy. I followed this recipe, but used 2% milk
- Spend time with a friend - yes, went for a hike
- Volunteer at least 1x - nope. My regular volunteer opportunity was replaced by technology (which, is a good thing, I suppose). I've added myself to two different volunteer databases through the kids schools, and have three volunteer opportunities upcoming.
- Book a spa/birthday treat, using my gift card - yes, it's all booked
- Complete a Dream Bio (stolen from Frugalwoods) - Yes! I need to write a post summary some of the things that came out of this.
All in all, I'm feeling good about how January went. It wasn't a perfect month, but I accomplished a lot, and turned that beginning of the year motivation into real progress. Now to keep it up in February! What about you? How did you do with your January goals?