Yesterday I worked in the yard for four hours - until my arms gave out & I was too hot. I'm about to go outside & do more trimming! Looking forward to more progress.
Here's what we've been up to this week, in terms of frugal things.:
- Made do with a salad kit that was past it's use by date for lunch. I picked out a few things, but otherwise it was fine.
- Bought Sam's camping trip gear at Target, using a gift card.
- Returned a few things I didn't need.
- Listed four items on eBay, and three items on our local neighborhood swap.
- Made banana muffins out of a few overly ripe bananas that didn't survive the car trip back from the Oregon coast.
- Offered a friend a ride to camp for her son, saving her time & money.
- Used a $100 coupon code, and $330 travel credit for our holiday flights, paying around $200/pp (after those discounts). A great deal compared to what we've paid before!
- Met M for lunch at work, so free impromptu date!
- All meals eaten at home (save for free meals at work & camp)
- Carpooled with a friend for camp, so we both saved on gas/driving time
- Found a coupon code for a light fixture we were planning to order, & then went through Raise & ebates for a gift card to further defray the cost.
- Hosting Nick's friend this afternoon for lunch & swimming, to help out his mom, as she has to work & camp ends at noon. Trying to pay it forward this summer!
What about you? What frugal things have you been up to this week?