Saving on things we buy:
- I bought two Uber gift cards at Rite Aid, earning $10 in bonus cash for a future purchase
- I also used a $5 Rite Aid bonus cash from a previous transaction towards deodorant that I needed to pick up
- Filed for a reimbursement of my eye exam, as I had to pay out of pocket
- We received a gift card for Christmas from M's manager, but despite several calls & tries to the company, the gift card wouldn't work & I was always asked to call back. Finally got it to go through today, so we will get a few bottles of wine delivered. I'm glad to check that off the list!
- I found $9 in Las Vegas in leftover slot machines. I suppose people are too lazy to take their vouchers another foot or so to the machine to cash them in? I also found $.25 or so on the ground & in various change machines. I turned the money into an Amazon gift card via CoinStar (one of the free redemption options)
- Sold two items on eBay
- I haven't been able to redeem anything on Bing/Microsoft rewards forever. Finally tracked down customer service, after multiple emails, and redeemed for an Amazon gift card.
- Filled out the Equifax data breach compensation form, which means M & I will likely both get $125.
- Returned a lip treatment that I didn't like, and got a credit back to my card
- M & I got back later than expected on Sunday (flight delay), & we were tempted to go out to eat. Instead, I defrosted a few things from the freezer (kebab for M, sausage for me), put together a couple of salads, and we had that outside on the patio with a nice glass of wine. It was lovely.
- We've been able to eat a few tomatoes from the garden - they are delicious!!
- Used an Amazon mailing package from a camp purchase to mail an eBay sale.
- Used a grocery store gift card to pick up a few things we needed
- Returned a dress that I noticed was almost sheer in the right light
- Sent my Jansport backpack in for repairs. I've had the backpack since college, so it's more likely it will be replaced (they have a lifetime warranty), but I'll give repairs a shot. I did pay for the shipping of the backpack there.
- Used a $2 reward + a gift card to treat myself to lunch at Panera one day, when I was out & about
- Took advantage of a work promotion on a photo book. It required some effort & a bit of driving, but will save $20 on my next photo book. Woohoo! Perfect timing.
- Went to the library & picked up a big bunch of new books to read
What about you? How did save money this week?