I'm heading to a workout class this morning with a friend, and need to clean the house. We need a few groceries, and I need to make a menu for the week ahead. . . now featuring hungry teenagers. When I picked the boys up from camp yesterday, they were ravenous. Sam attended a teen adventure camp, and hiked 35 miles carrying a 40 pound bag. With a wasp stinger in his hand, as they couldn't get it out until they got to base camp. His counselor said he was incredibly hard core, never complained, & has a super high pain threshold. Sam is joining my family this year on our relay, and I think he'll fit in just fine. :-)
Menu plan for the week ahead:
- Friday - the adults had salmon + caprese salad, the kids had pepperoni pizza. I was thrilled to get a pizza crust out of the freezer. It had been there forever!
- Saturday - keto friendly chicken curry + cauliflower rice. If the kids don't like that, pasta & meatballs
- Sunday - some sort of bacon ranch mystery chicken dish I defrosted from the freezer?
- Monday - leftover curry
- Tuesday - leftover mystery dish
- Wednesday - steak salad
- Thursday - tacos
- Friday - I'll be out of town with my sister & mom (we're having carnitas from the freezer), but M will probably take the kids out to Sweet Tomatoes (with a gift card)
What's on your menu for the week ahead?