Saturday, July 27, 2019

Saturday + early menu planning

It's supposed to be quite warm here today (90+), so I'm planning to get my chores done early, and then hopefully we can all get in the pool. Let the floatie inflation begin!

I'm heading to a workout class this morning with a friend, and need to clean the house. We need a few groceries, and I need to make a menu for the week ahead. . . now featuring hungry teenagers. When I picked the boys up from camp yesterday, they were ravenous. Sam attended a teen adventure camp, and hiked 35 miles carrying a 40 pound bag. With a wasp stinger in his hand, as they couldn't get it out until they got to base camp. His counselor said he was incredibly hard core, never complained, & has a super high pain threshold. Sam is joining my family this year on our relay, and I think he'll fit in just fine. :-)

Menu plan for the week ahead:
  • Friday - the adults had salmon + caprese salad, the kids had pepperoni pizza. I was thrilled to get a pizza crust out of the freezer. It had been there forever!
  • Saturday - keto friendly chicken curry + cauliflower rice. If the kids don't like that, pasta & meatballs
  • Sunday - some sort of bacon ranch mystery chicken dish I defrosted from the freezer?
  • Monday - leftover curry
  • Tuesday - leftover mystery dish
  • Wednesday - steak salad
  • Thursday - tacos
  • Friday - I'll be out of town with my sister & mom (we're having carnitas from the freezer), but M will probably take the kids out to Sweet Tomatoes (with a gift card)
What's on your menu for the week ahead?

8 comments:

  1. Having been stung by wasps for the 5th time this summer I am impressed by your son. It does hurt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, they are so painful! He is by far my more hard core child

      Delete
  2. We made homemade perogies for supper last night (finally mastered with use of the pasta machine), tonight something out of the freezer on the bbq plus Greek salad since I have tomatoes ripening at the speed of light. No planning beyond that yet - salads though as I've got lots of good greenery to use up and don't want to grocery shop any more this month as the budget is blown!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jealous of your tomatoes! We finally picked two in a day that the squirrels didn't find. That was our best "bounty" of the season. And, homemade perogies sound amazing!

      Delete
  3. Sam is a real trooper. The pain of a sting like that is awful!
    You menu looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sam is totally a trooper. He has a high pain threshhold, lucky guy.

      And, the mystery chicken dish is a crockpot taco soup. I'm the only one who will eat it (my husband doesn't eat soup, which I find to be so bizarre!). It will last a while with just me working on it, but at least it's out of the freezer. :-)

      Delete
  4. Wasps do hurt poor darling. You are back to being a mom.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor Sam to have to wait to get the stinger out, but sounds like he was a trooper. Your menu sounds delicious. I hope you enjoyed your time int the pool.

    ReplyDelete