- Stick to the budget. We were way over on groceries & dining out. :-(
- Come up with a new way to reduce what we need/spend on an ongoing basis. We bought everyone flasks, and have been consistently using them for errands, sports, as well as traveling. This has reduced our purchase of water & other beverages tremendously, and reduced our environmental impact.
- Make $500 in side hustle. $245. I thought I'd be paid for another item, but looks like that will carry over into July.
- Use up 5 freezer items from our house, & 5 from our vacation house. We definitely used more than ten, but can't remember the exact ratio: bagel bites, muffins, steak (x3), bagels, sandwich rolls, chicken cordon bleu, sausage, risotto, etc.
2) Family - spend more time together as a family!
- Do one fun activity/month with the kids. We've been doing lots of kite flying!
- Off the computer by 7:45 each evening. Yes, and I didn't use the computer at all for over a week.
- Have two dates with M. Yes, we had dinner & watched the Warriors game while the kids were at an event, and had three happy hours out while the boys were with my parents.
- Continue meal prepping. Yes! This has continued to go well.
- Plan & book our holidays. Nope, will move to July. We've discussed the dates & plans, just need to get the travel locked in.
- Get a plan together for Sam next year. I accomplished what I could, and spend a lot of time on this in June, but I need to chase some paper work, and set up the tutoring schedule/study topics.
- Finish camp paperwork - done!
- Deep clean the entire house. Not done. I did the bathroom cabinets (one bathroom), but have quite a bit still to do.
- Complete two projects at the beach house. We ordered & set up a new patio set, & ordered a new fridge. We still have several other projects to complete.
- Finalize house projects & budget/schedule for work at our house. Mostly there. Still waiting on final dates for our doors.
3) Fitness/health - lose 2 lbs. No scale at the beach house, but I'll be thrilled if I've maintained vs gained, given all of the vacations!
- Run 12 times. Nope, only two times. The hot weather (at our house + in Hawaii) foiled this for most of the month.
- Track calories (1400/day) & eat 5 servings of fruit & veggies/day. Way over after vacations (1798/day), but I did manage 5.46 servings of fruit & veggies.
- Work out 35 times - I completed 32/35 workouts. At least I averaged more than one per day!
- Meditate 10 times. I completed 5 meditations, all before the chaos of vacations began.
- Do something social. Yes, I met two friends for lunch, and went for a walk with another friend.
- Volunteer a minimum of 1x. Nope. I did increase my financial donations to a few places, as I couldn't find any time flexible volunteer options.
- Journal 15 times. I journaled 8 times. I was on a roll, but got off track during vacation.
- Read one non-fiction book. I totally forgot about this, so it didn't happen.
- Tackle three projects from my sabbatical list:
- Declutter beach house - yes
- Deep cleaning beach house project - nope, will do this in July
- Clean out clothes for myself/boys - yes
It was really a great month for fun, and fewer productivity wins. I'll take it, either way! Looking forward to getting a lot done in July! What about you? How did you do with your goals in June? Any that you will be carrying over to July?