Saturday, May 29, 2021

Hurrah, finally

I've been trying to schedule second COVID vaccines for the kids, and it's been quite challenging. They got their first doses at a mass vaccine site, but the second appointment conflicts with school finals. Because they require a Pfizer vaccine, and many places do not book just a second vaccine, I've spent hours on this project. Yesterday, I was able to get appointments with Stanford, after 90 minutes on hold. Only to have Stanford call me back several hours later to cancel. GRRRR.

I got up nice & early this morning & tried a few pharmacies, none of which were guaranteeing Pfizer availability. Finally, I was able to book appointments for both, 30 minutes apart. Unfortunately, they are at separate pharmacies, but only a five minute drive distance. Fingers crossed that works, or I'll need to have M come along & help with logistics. 

What else have I done? I got a few errands done yesterday, returning an item to TJ Maxx, getting groceries, & dropping off a donation. I also listed a few things on Buy Nothing, and started organizing some of my closet items. I met a friend for a hike, and also read by the pool. All in all, it was a really nice mix of relaxing & productive.

On an unrelated note, M added some extra plant food to our bougainvillea plant, and it's stunning! It's a bit of a hassle, as the wind easily knocks the blooms off & into the pool, but it's so lovely that it's definitely worth it.




And, what's happening today?

  • Work out
  • Take the boys to the bank to open savings accounts
  • Make zucchini muffins
  • Work on the schedule for the next two weeks
  • Continue organizing/cleaning my eBay closet
  • Make one pan Mexican chicken & rice for dinner
  • List a few things on Buy Nothing

What about you? What are you doing today?


8 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, your bougainvillea plant is beautiful!

    Wow, what a hard time you had scheduling the second Covid shot for your boys. How frustrating. Hopefully they will get them with no more problems.

    We just finished putting away our grocery order and have gotten the garbage taken off, wh8ch I am glad are both done. I'm relaxing for right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The plant is so gorgeous. It makes me smile every time I see it - reminds me of tropical destinations.

      Yes, I'm so happy I was able to get the vaccines scheduled. I kept trying & running into road blocks, but feel relieved that we have something booked for both of them.

      I'm with you - if I do a few chores, I can relax a bit & feel good that I've gotten stuff done. I don't enjoy relaxing as much when I have things lingering over me. :-)

      Delete
  2. Sounds busy there as always! Good luck with the vaccine appointments. Your bougainvillea is so gorgeous!! Have a nice Memorial Day weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are in the busy phase of life. I'm going to enjoy it now, because I know the time is fleeting!

      Delete
  3. Wow, that is gorgeous. I would love to have one of those in my yard. I am busy with grandkids:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so beautiful, and remind me of Hawaii. Enjoy the time with the grandkids!

      Delete
  4. What plant food did he use? Stunning! Good luck with the vaccine logistics.

    ReplyDelete