Sunday, May 30, 2021

The long weekend Sunday

 It's so lovely to have the extra day! I'm very much enjoying myself. I've been trying to combine relaxing with productivity, with some success. 

We managed to get the kids bank accounts opened yesterday, but it was a *lengthy* process. I'm not sure why it would take 2+ hours to open two bank accounts, but... there you have it. I'm glad I can mark that off of the to do list.

Sam & I also reviewed all of his assignments. I went for a walk/run yesterday, and a run this morning. Nick made dinner last night, and is currently making chocolate chip cookies. I have the sheets in the dryer, and will be making beds soon. 

I went through one of my eBay drawers, and pulled some items out & listed them on Buy Nothing. It was great to give things away, and get them out of the house. I gave away several pair of shorts, shoe inserts, soccer cleats, and some kids clothes. Woohoo. I'll do more of the same today. I also went through every eBay listing, and updated them. 

For the remainder of the day, here's what's left:

  • Read by the pool. First things first. ;-)
  • Recap May goals
  • Set June goals
  • Make beds
  • Finish laundry
  • Make chicken enchilada rice
  • Take kids/friends mini golfing
  • Pick up M at the airport
  • Organize the books in my closet. Determine if there are any I'd prefer to give away vs sell
  • Water the plants
  • Check on the garden, pick as needed
And, spotted on my run: (That's a wild turkey behind the deer):



What about you? What are you up to today?

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like you've been productive as always and glad you are taking time to relax a bit too. Enjoy the rest of your long Memorial Day weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been such a nice blend of relaxing & getting things done here & there.

      Delete
  2. Looks like you can combine a few of those - recap/set goals while lying by the pool! :-) Enjoy the holiday weekend - we're having a picnic tomorrow so got my groceries today & will be making my items a bit later! Happy hour now, so cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great minds think alike - that's exactly what I did!

      Delete
  3. You stay busy even on holiday weekends. I did catchup woek at home and today starting a project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so nice to have the extra time. I really feel like I can get stuff done, but also relax. Normally, I feel like I have to choose between the two

      Delete