Sunday, May 16, 2021

Can you identify these plants, & other Sunday things

 M & I picked up our wine order (we're in a wine club) & had a free tasting yesterday afternoon. It was lovely & we talked through some parenting challenges, so we really needed the time together. 

This morning, we went for a run together, which is unheard of for us. Mostly because I'm A LOT slower than he is. It was nice to have a partner, and he was very patient. We tried this when we were dating, and he was ....less patient. ;-) It won't be a regular thing, as our schedules in the morning don't typically match up on week days, but I did enjoy having someone else run with me. A good reminder that I should explore a running group. I'm always worried I will be too slow for the group, but I think I should get over that & look for a fit.

What else are we up to today?

  1. I have a long list of scheduling tasks for the week ahead
  2. Laundry
  3. Vacuuming
  4. Clean the kitchen
  5. Make coleslaw
  6. Sort out the boys second vaccines. Of course the appointments I booked conflict with Sam's finals & Nick's 8th grade graduation. They've had zero in person on Wednesdays all year, but they both have conflicts on this particular date
  7. Package & mail an eBay sale
  8. Work on my Hawaii trip to dos
  9. Make the schedule for M when I'm out of town
  10. Decide which running shoes I want to keep
  11. Package up a return
That should keep me busy. On to the plant identification. I planted a bunch from seed, but nothing much grew (minus the basil, spinach & radishes). I removed all of the original markers, as M planted a few things from starters, and we used those markers. Now, of course, I have no idea what a couple things are. I'd love input! I think the second one may be thyme? I could be completely mistaken, of course. 




Hope everyone is having a lovely Sunday!

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like another busy day for you. No clue on the plants, I've never been able to keep alive lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty sure the first one is a radish--did you plant white radishes? The second one is either thyme or marjoram--I can't really tell from the picture, but it's definitely one of those.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have lots of radishes, and have been harvesting them for a month or so. This is much bigger, with pricklier leaves & a white tinge to it.

      For the second one, I think it's thyme. It looks like the picture on the seed pack, I know I planted it, and we have a similar looking one that M started from seed.

      Delete
  3. Sadly, I think the first o e is a weed, you inspired me to try sautéed radish tops, thx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would totally believe that (see above about my non-existent green thumb), but there are two of them, coming up in orderly spaces where I planted things. It's possible, but we don't have similar weeds anywhere around our house, and they are coming up just where I planted "something". I suppose the mystery shall continue!

      Delete
  4. I have never seen either of those plants.

    ReplyDelete