Wednesday, May 12, 2021

Our house listing is live & other fun

Our listing went live last night, so things are in motion! I'm a planner, & the angst of not knowing what the next week will hold is...hard for me. ;-) Luckily, I've been plenty busy with the rest of my life, which is keeping me from overly obsessing about the next week or so with the beach house.

Sam has been to two soccer tryouts, both very different. He has two left (a total of three clubs, with one requiring two tryouts). Finding a good club is a mix of: finding a coach that's a fit, a team that needs a player for your position, and a club that has a team playing at a level that suits your skills. And, has fun/positive/collaborative team mates. Depending on which teams offer him a spot, he would like to prioritize a team where he will be at the bottom of the skill stack rank, because he'd really like to push himself to develop more. There's a lot to balance, so it's a bit of a roll of the dice.

I'm a person who is not a fan of change (M would laugh if he was reading this, because...it's very true), so I'm always impressed when one of the kids actively seeks out change, knowing it's a good thing for them. Who knows what will happen with the soccer tryouts, but Sam has recognized that his current situation isn't working for him, and is taking risks to improve that. There's a lesson there for me. ;-) 

What else is new? Lots of work, eating dinners out of the freezer, and attempting to keep up with the house, the endless stack of laundry & the last few weeks of school. We are in the home stretch! Hurrah.

What about you? What's new in your world? 

13 comments:

  1. It is wonderful that your son is testing his limits by trying out for different soccer clubs.
    As an adult, I regret the things I did not try much more than some of the bonehead mistakes I made.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very much ditto from my side! He's gotten offers from two of the three clubs, and has the final practice tomorrow. It's so great that he'll have options.

      Delete
  2. I feel ready for change-and am hoping the same for my kids. This last year has felt like a major pause in life events-with the exception of the youngest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same on my side! I'm looking forward to some change as well.

      Delete
  3. Okay I missed something while I was gone, are you selling your house?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should never go on vacation ;-) We're selling our vacation house in Oregon, but not our primary house.

      Delete
  4. I hope the house sells quickly! It's looking like our vacation property sale might fall through *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and fingers crossed your sale works out, or another better offer comes together.

      Delete
  5. I so hope your house sells quickly at a fabulous price, and your son finds a good team for him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for both! Fingers crossed on the house. My son has a couple of offers, and one last try out, so he's definitely going to have options, which is so great.

      Delete
  6. I've missed quite a few updates with everything going on, I was so surprised to come back to this particular news! But it's very much a seller's market right now and it's rather absurd in a lot of places. I'm glad that it translates into a good time for you to sell, that's how it worked out for us and the rental even though the original plan was to keep it for many more years. It's an ill wind that blows no good!

    I despise change as well so I empathize but hope this moves at a comfortably smooth clip for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't slept in a week, worrying about the house. It was incredibly difficult to price (the market there is tiny, and there is zero inventory), but given the interest so far, I'd say we went too high, which is stressing me out. We have an open house today, so fingers crossed.

      Yes, our plan was to keep it for many more years, but I've just reached a point where it's a lot of work, requires maintenance, and I want a bit more relaxing during my vacation time, vs working. M has been begging for this for years, but now that I've pulled the trigger, he's had a ton of second thoughts. ;-)

      Delete