Monday, May 24, 2021

Menu Plan Monday

Being out of town over the weekend always throws me off my game, but guess what? It's Monday anyway! 

I'll be cobbling together the following dinners this week:

  • Monday - 2 diners will have burgers, 2 will have spaghetti & meatballs. There's not quite enough leftover of either to form a full meal
  • Tuesday - grilled chicken (freezer) on salads, or with bread (kids)
  • Wednesday - chicken curry (freezer) over cauliflower rice 
  • Thursday - hot dogs (grilled, in the freezer) and coleslaw
  • Friday - pizzas (freezer) & salad
It won't win any awards, but we will all be fed! 

I had a lovely trip to the beach with my mom & sister...a final mom/daughter hurrah, so to speak. The weather was really good, and we had a lot of time together, and took care of a few things at the house. It was great. Our next trip will be the last - over the 4th of July. We have the inspection tomorrow, so fingers crossed all goes smoothly there.

What is everyone serving this week for dinner? 

6 comments:

  1. So glad you had a nice time, best of luck on the inspection! Meals will be fine, like you said everyone will be fed. Awards are overrated anyway! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, yes. I go back & forth between elaborate plans, and scrappiness. This week is definitely the latter bucket.

      Delete
  2. I almost like when there are options to pick with leftovers. At least the boys will be fed. I'm roasting a massive pan of vegetable tonight and another of sweet potatoes. Hoping to get ahead of meal prep this week. My daughter peeled the potatoes, and I'll do the carrots and the rest can just be bung in right form the punnits-mushrooms and cherry tomatoes. Oh-one of us will need to cut the onions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love roasted veggies. I need to think to do that more often.

      Delete
  3. Today is interesting as far as meals go. I had leftover chicken pot pie, baked stuffed pork chops, and meat loaf. They all just went in a 350 degree oven, and will get served with a salad, and leftover cranberry sauce. Tomorrow I'm making fish, homemade chips, and cole slaw. From there, it's anybody's guess! This weekend will see us grilling steaks, and perhaps me baking a cheesecake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your dinner tonight sounds delicious! Homemade fish & chips. Yum.

      Delete