April certainly sped by, didn't it?! Well, here we are at the end of the month & I barely remember what I accomplished.
- Stick to the budget - we were over a bit in dining out & gas, due to our trip to Sonoma & my parents driving a bit, but otherwise did well. We kept the grocery budget largely in check, which is great progress.
- Make $400 in side hustle - Yes! I made $484 in April.
- No clothing purchases for myself - no clothing purchases for me
- Finish plan for house pay down to 75% - this will largely be covered by our vacation house sale
- Come up with plan, timing, etc for selling our vacation house - yes!
- Finalize timing for house project here - M has been really busy with work, so we have the project picked out, and the budget sorted, but no additional progress
- Plan one fun activity with the kids - we took the kids to ice cream, and on a few walks
- Off the computer by 7:30 each evening - I've been slipping a bit here & there, and need to refocus on this
- One date with M (it's actually a weekend away in April!) - we had a fantastic weekend together in Sonoma!
- Make a video or send photos to M's parents - I sent pictures
- Finalize summer plans - largely done, camps booked, travel plans arranged
- Enjoy my parents visit - we had a great time, despite some of the complexities (we work from home, everyone in the house, etc)
- Lose 2 lbs - I maintained in April
- Run 10 times - I only ran 5 times
- Track calories, eat a balanced diet, & average 1390 calories (per day) in April - I finished at 1489/day, so 100 calories/day over my goal. Sonoma & my girls weekend were both responsible for the overall overage.
- Complete 1400 minutes of cardio & daily strength & posture challenges - I was 975 minutes of cardio (400 minutes below March), so not a great month. I did okay on strength & posture, but need to increase my consistency
- Meditate 15 times - 13 times
- Intermittent fasting, 3x/week - yes
- When I'm tempted to snack, due a 3 minute meditation or take a walk around the block - I did not do this
- Practice Spanish at least 20 days - yes
- Do something social with friends - I had a girls trip
- Continue daily check ins of volunteer job - yes
- Write & journal regularly - I journaled regularly, but didn't complete any creative writing
- No swearing - there were some DAYS, but overall, this is so much improved. Not perfect, but greatly improved
- Do something crafty - I did lots of yard work & gardening, but nothing crafty
- Achieve 400 "points" on my daily checklist - I was not very productive, with 304 points. Traveling really gets me off of my routine & schedule.
- Continue looking for opportunities to help others - there were several wins for the month, including donations, helping a neighbor, and giving away a lot to my local community (fulfilling asks, etc)
And, that was the April recap. It was a month where there was a little "back to normal". M & I were out of town for a weekend together, we had house guests, & I went to our vacation house to get it ready to sale. It's a good reminder how much I rely on consistency to get things done, & my need to be adaptable when that can't happen for #reasons.
What about you? How did you do with your April goals?