Sunday, April 2, 2023

Sunday Happenings

I went to two soccer games yesterday (both wins, always a treat) & got to see the boys enjoy themselves. I try to remind myself, when I'm setting the alarm for 6 on a Saturday, that these days are fleeting, and to soak them all in. 

I re-pulled that muscle in my back, going back to my workout class too early. I'll give myself a longer break this time - lesson learned. 

M made dinner last night, Sam was out late with friends, and Nick played tennis with friends until late as well. While we aren't quite empty nesters yet, we can definitely see it approaching, as they spend less & less time with us.

Here's what we're doing today:

  • Take Nick to a reffing game. Run or walk at the game, depending on how my back feels
  • Laundry
  • Vacuum (unclear how this will feel, but the house needs it)
  • Clean the bathrooms
  • Clean the kitchen
  • Wrap up the last couple of clothing returns
  • Packing list for next weekend
  • Make the schedule for the week ahead
  • Make sure we have everything ready for Nick's DMV trip tomorrow
  • Make a salad
  • We're having an early Easter egg hunt for the boys (we will be gone next weekend)
  • Call my parents
What about you? What are you up to today? 

4 comments:

  1. I pulled a muscle in my back yesterday morning also. I was able to get my hour walk in this morning by breaking it into 15 minute segments and resting for thirty minutes In between. It is rough going…. Hope your back feels better soon. Cindy in the South

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same - I hope your back feels better. Back pain is the worst! Fingers crossed you are feeling better.

      Delete
  2. It's a bad week for backs! Mine has been aching abominably this week but it's the usual (mainly joint and some muscle) pain, probably in reaction to the constant changes in the weather (rain! sun! more rain! wind!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here's hoping your back feels better! Mine is better, and now I have a terrible cold. All of 2023 feels like it's been a challenge, health wise. Let's hope the sun arrives & we all turn the corner!

      Delete