Wednesday, April 12, 2023

Workout Wednesday - x2

 It's been a rough few weeks, with a back injury, and I've had a terrible head cold for the past week. So, not nearly as many workouts as I'd like, and much lower intensity.

Workouts for the week (x2)

  • Monday - 3 mile run
  • Tuesday - 45 minutes on the elliptical
  • Wednesday - Orange Theory workout class
  • Thursday - 45 minutes on the elliptical
  • Friday - 20 minutes of my workout class, before I pulled the same muscle in my back
  • Saturday - 35 minutes on the ellpitical
  • Sunday - 3 mile run
  • Monday - 90 minutes on the elliptical
  • Tuesday - 2.5 mile run + 1 mile walk
  • Wednesday - 50 minutes on the elliptical
  • Thursday - 45 minutes on the elliptical
  • Friday - 55 minutes on the elliptical
  • Saturday - 2 mile walk (college tour)
  • Sunday - 2 mile walk (college tour)

Highlights - it's been a not great stretch for a few weeks, and I'm feeling frustrated & missing my harder workouts. I suppose - I'm healthy enough to still be moderately active?

Lowlights - I'm really ready for this cold to be over, and to be back & ready to get in some more intense workouts. 

Focus for the week ahead - get plenty of sleep, lots of fluids & kick this cold before our trip to Dubai.

What about you? How are you doing with your health & fitness?

4 comments:

  1. So sorry you have not been feeling well. I completely get it on the injury front though. Thankfully I FINALLY have an mri scheduled for this afternoon for my knee. I hobbled my way through Disney and Universal last weekend, but it was definitely not the intensity that I usually could last. I love your focus for this week!
    Personally, I need a jump start, so I signed up for NOOM yesterday to see if that would help me be accountable. They offered me a really good price so...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck. It's so hard to get back into a routine, when things have changed or your have injured yourself. Hoping the MRI gets you answers!

      Delete
  2. When we were in Palm Springs I was shocked by the cold temps. We had to make a run to Walmart to pick up some long sleeves and jackets. Bummer, I had packed what I thought was appropriate desert wear,.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, the desert can most definitely be chilly this time of year! It actually looks like Dubai is going to cool off a bit before we arrive (drop from the mid 90s to the mid 80s), which will be really nice!

      Delete