Friday, April 14, 2023

Frugal Friday

 It's a light frugal week, as we were busy last weekend, & this week is all about prepping for our trip.

Saving on things we buy

  • Took advantage of a few credit card perks, and signed up for a Lyft membership, which saves 10% on each ride. Additionally, booked our ride to the airport on Saturday, using Lyft. 

Earning money

  • Nothing special here

Avoiding spending

  • I bought the boys dinner at the airport on Friday, but made do with snacks from my bag
  • I also used two Southwest free drink coupons (one for each flight), and enjoyed a vodka lemonade
  • We stayed for free on Friday night in Bolder, using a free night award from my hotel status. The hotel also came with a free breakfast, which was nice. However, parking was $25 (and not super close), so that wasn't great. But, a night at a hotel for $25 is still a pretty great deal. 
  • I also used a credit card perk, to apply for global entry/TSA pre check for Sam. He'll likely be traveling on his own soon, so wanted him to have this option. It was free with my credit card, and M & I both already have this. 

Eating what we have

  • I unearthed a chicken sausage from the freezer, and had that over a salad for lunch one day

For others

  • Took a required training course, so I can keep volunteering at a food pantry
What about you? Any wins to share?

5 comments:

  1. I am so happy the boys enjoyed school touring in Colorado, and so excited for the paternal grandmother to be able to see them soon. That just warms my heart! I hope y’all have a fantastic trip of a lifetime!!!!! Cindy in the South

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I"m so excited & looking forward to it. My parents see are kids at least 2x/year, and I know they feel very similarly - they are so thrilled that my MIL will get a chance to see them & spend time with them.

      Delete
  2. So exciting to be able to check out schools and getting to see their grandmother.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Safe travels. I hope you & your family have a wonderful time with your in laws in Dubai.

    ReplyDelete
  4. $25 for a motel room is a terrific deal! Glad the boys were able to see their grandmother. 😊

    ReplyDelete