Here's what remains, in terms of projects:
- Install new doors
- Get a bid for air conditioning
- Put in ceiling fans in two of the rooms (we hope to use the air conditioning very infrequently)
- Put up all trim pieces
- Finish painting
- Seal "shower planter"
- Towel rack in the master bathroom
- Find a pool cover/cut to size
- Tear down all outdoor structures/rebuild (there is a rat infestation. The pest service is out of option, as the structures have plenty of access space for the rats. They recommend tearing down & starting again with sealed sheds).
- Install shelving in the boys closets
Those are most of the bigger projects. There are also plenty of smaller sized ones:
- Hang remaining pictures
- Clean all screens (they have flooring dust on them)
- Clean all slider door tracks (ditto the flooring)
- Deep clean the outdoor patio space, to prevent pine needles from blowing into the pool
- Talk to neighbor & trim pine tree back over the fence line
- Finish planting all fruit trees
- Clean pantry
- Clean garage shelves
- Organize linen closet
- Organize my closet (it's livable, but I prefer a lot more organization to make it easy to find things).
I think that's the top of the list, but I'm sure more things will stack up once those get checked off. If you remember, how long did it take for you to get "settled" once you moved? I feel like it's taking forever, but then again, I'm impatient. ;-)