Saturday, April 4, 2020

Menu plan Saturday

M was able to go to Costco yesterday, and find most of what we needed. Fresh chicken remains elusive, but we were able to pick up frozen breasts. Not my top favorite, but it will certainly do. Based on what we picked up, and our freezer/fridge/pantry stores, here's what's on the menu for the week:


  • Friday - we had a smorgasboard of leftovers (salmon, leftover takeout, and one small diner had a lingering chicken patty of unknown origin)
  • Saturday - M is making Persian kebabs, rice & yogurt sauce
  • Sunday - I'm making carnitas in the slow cooker
  • Monday - leftover kebabs & rice
  • Tuesday - leftover carnitas
  • Wednesday - meatloaf (freezer) + coleslaw
  • Thursday - any leftovers, or chicken alfredo (freezer)

I'm feeling unmotivated today, and need to break out of the funk. Because, sitting around & staring into space certainly won't help. So far, I've sold/packaged an item on eBay, and listed two more. Plus, journaled & paid a bill. Now I just need a plan for the rest of the day:

  • Clean the fridge
  • Go for a run or walk
  • Walk with the kids (& take neighbor's dog for a walk)
  • Work on Farsi flashcards
  • Meditate
  • Menu plan
  • Clean the bathrooms
  • Deep clean the kitchen 
  • Laundry
  • Find one bonus organizing/cleaning chore to do. Maybe the medicine cabinets
What about you? How are you planning to spend this at home Saturday?


7 comments:

  1. I found a book I'd misplaced that I'm starting to read again. Thank goodness I love to read during this isolating time. It made me sad though when I restarted it because I had started to read it when I went to Sedona last fall with two of my sisters. Just seems like a lifetime ago. Really struggling with sadness and anxiety today. I'm a widow, a retired RN with two RN daughters, two sons and missing my kids and 12 grandchildren. I don't usually comment much but this blog community has become another way of connecting to the outside world. Thank you all (Sluggy?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sending you hugs, JRE. It's such a hard time right now. I love Sedona. I was there in January, and agree, it definitely feels like a lifetime ago!

      Delete
  2. I was going to paint and hubby was going to work in the yard but it is rain snowing (very weird for April) so it looks like we are both painting. have to finish the kitchen and dining room then we are mostly done but there are some weird spots that will take a long time so I guess it's a good thing we have time. Natchos with homemade guacamole is on the menu for tonight. Not sure what after that

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, yum. Nachos & guac sound incredible. It's, once again, super rainy here :-(

      Delete
  3. I'm taking a read and lunch break-again, cuz I'm on no ones clock, but did haul all the kitchen table hairs, stools, and garbage cans out to do a proper sweep and mop. We will have to figure something out with our older daughter. She is in a highly stressed state, lonely, and feeling both confined, and yet, no longer feels her home is her respite since working from home. I figure if child care is still allowed for essential workers, we maybe need to interview on some care for her-either her coming here from time to time, or one of us stay with her overnight. I worry so much about people with depression living alone, wihtout their normal coping mechanisms.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds really hard for your older daughter. I hope you are able to come up with some good options to help.

      Delete
  4. I need to make a list of things I want to do this week and then do them. Chicken is hard to get here too. Walmart is limiting customers to 1 package only.

    ReplyDelete