Sunday, April 26, 2020

Menu Plan Sunday

I went for a virtual run with friends this morning, and it was toasty! I came home & made pico de gallo & guacamole, although i don't think the guacamole will be as good as normal - the avocado was barely ripe enough to mash. I ended up giving it a light chop instead. In pre-quarantine days, I definitely would have gone to the produce stand for more ripe avocado, but in our current world, we will just make do! I also made 3.5 lbs of taco meat. We will eat some for dinner this week, and the rest will go into the freezer.

I also built our menu plan for the week:
  • Friday - it was a leftovers smorgasbord, with the kids having chicken & the adults having salmon
  • Saturday - burgers, potato salad & homemade potato chips (we have a LOT of potatoes to get through)
  • Sunday - tacos with pico de gallo & guacamole
  • Monday - leftover burgers & potato salad
  • Tuesday - leftover tacos
  • Wednesday - likely carnitas, with any remaining pico de gallo. I'll hopefully have enough avocados for a second batch of guacamole
  • Thursday - anything leftover in the fridge
  • Friday - TBD
And, sold our lawn mower. I'm currently taking a break, enjoying the sunshine by the pool.

For the rest of the day, who knows if I get anything done, but I will likely get our patio cushions added to our outdoor dining table. And then maybe just some lounging & reading.

Hope you are having a great Sunday!

2 comments:

  1. I bought a pork loin that we will easily get two meals out of. I have pork loin on my menu, but I think I might turn the leftovers into carnitas, if I cut in half. I saw a video where a mom cooked with loads of seasoning, and then a broth that included salsa, then shredded. I might shake up my menu, only a few hours old, already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love posts like this one,you did it great!Whole concept of your blog is very cool,love it so much,even follow you from now and looking forward to read new posts!
    I hope you'll visit and maybe follow mine blog too! <3
    beautyqueen000.blogspot.rs

    ReplyDelete