Sunday, April 12, 2020

Happy Easter

For those of you who celebrate, I hope you have a fabulous day with your family (either virtually together, or in person).

I went on a seven mile hike in the sunshine yesterday, and it was wonderful, but came back with a tick. M removed it, but it was swollen & unpleasant. I found two more on my clothes! I'm hoping it heals up quickly with no further pain.

We are planning to hide a few plastic eggs (filled with money & treats) in the backyard for the boys, and we also have two small gifts for them to share. It should be a low key & fun afternoon. I'm also trying my hand at hot cross buns, so fingers crossed those turn out.

And, in exciting news, I finally got a video call to work with M's mom! She hasn't seen the boys in YEARS, so this was thrilling all around, and she couldn't stop crying. It was such a nice surprise for my inlaws, as they have been locked down in their house for well over a month now. We're going to make the video calls a regular occurrence, now that we've sorted it out.

Here's what else is on the to do list today:

  1. Mail an eBay sale
  2. Work out
  3. Clean the bathrooms
  4. Vacuum
  5. Clean the kitchen
  6. Meditate
  7. Make crockpot chicken tikka masala for tomorrow's dinner
  8. List another item on eBay
  9. Laundry
  10. Wash the boys duvets
  11. Set out Easter eggs in the yard
  12. Make hot cross buns
  13. Finish tikka masala
  14. Call my parents
  15. Make muffins
That's it on our side. What about you? How are you planning to spend your day?

6 comments:

  1. So glad that you got the video call worked out. What a great gift to your in-laws!
    I am impressed that you tried the hot crossed buns. As much as I live to cook those are not in my wheelhouse.
    Have a great day and be sure to watch the tick bite(?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad your video call worked out, maybe when all of this is over you can meet up somewhere that all of you can get to. Happy Easter to you and your family

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is completely wonderful to be able to talk to M's mom on video! Even though our family is not countries apart, it is a gift right now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How neat that you were able to speak with your MIL. Video calls will surely help with being "safe at home" during this crisis. The cat rubbed on my leg this week and I had a tick this week too, but didn't find it until that evening. Ugh. Stay safe on your hikes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet the grandparents were thrilled! I know I would have been if I was a grandparent. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is almost 5 pm here and I need to finish Easter meal. I was awakened by horrendous thunder and lightning flashes. Then, tried to take nap in afternoon and same thing happened. Finally, I was able to sleep and then neighbor's teen's music thumping woke me. UGH But, it is better Easter now, just waiting for worse storms tonight.

    ReplyDelete