Monday, April 6, 2020

Homemade masks

A  neighbor made masks for M + me, and made two bonus masks for me to send to my sister & friend. Such a lovely thing to now have homemade masks. We will be doing our best not to leave the house for the next two weeks, but it's great to have the masks in the event something comes up.

The rain continues, but it looks like today is the last day. Hurrah! It's very noticeable how much the weather is impacting my mood, when combined with the quarantine. Getting out for walks in the sunshine has been part of what's kept me positive, so I'll need creative solutions for rainy days.

As for today, here's my plan for the day:


  1. Journal
  2. Meditate
  3. Yoga
  4. Walks with the kids, even in the rain
  5. Work calls. It's my APAC evening, so dinner will need to be scrappy
  6. Two work projects
  7. List an item on eBay
  8. Mail masks
  9. 1 chore. Haven't decided what to do, but likely clean out under the sink in one of the bathrooms
  10. Make sure the kids do their calls
Dinner tonight will be carnitas. Some will have them in tortillas, or over homemade cheddar bread. I'll likely have mine over a salad. My calories were too high over the weekend, so I'll need to trim back this week.

What about you? What are you hoping to accomplish today?

8 comments:

  1. Nice that you got the masks! I am in the process of making some for us. I had forgotten how much I really do hate sewing. It comes right after ironing in my most disliked domestic things, but it has to be done. I am amazed at how skillful I am being at avoiding finishing them though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I should take the time to learn. M actually knows how to sew, but our sewing machine is in the attic. Maybe I should ask Nick if he wants to teach himself to sew. May be a good project.

      Delete
  2. I am now trying to make 2 masks by hand sewing. They are now asking people to wear them even if it is only to prevent people who are asymptomatic from sharing. Even if it helps 5% that would be a big thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed. I'm sure it doesn't make the spread zero, but reducing even a little is helpful.

      Delete
  3. I did the folder handkerchief version with a couple pony tail holders. I think I'll stick a coffee filter in for my next venture out. My sister is sewing a bunch and I could ask for her to make a few for us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good idea as well. Everyone is finding creative options!

      Delete
  4. Somehow I have messed up my ability to get into my blog. I have spent hours and can't get into it. Changing passwords and going around in circles. I don't want to waste anymore time on this. But 9 years of memories? Starting over? Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you go the blog back up & running! It's so frustrating when you technology blocks us.

      Delete