Friday, August 14, 2020

Frugal Friday

The weeks continue to whiz by. As always, I'm thankful it's Friday & I've survived not only another week of work, but also the first day of Nick's school, & drive through orientation/supply pickup for Sam. 

Here are a few frugal wins for the week: 

Saving on things we buy

  • Used a Subway gift card to buy Sam lunch, after an appointment
  • Earned $10 on an Amazon promotion a month or so ago (and, now escapes me how I earned it), but used that towards the purchase of new soccer balls for the kids. They need additional balls, and can't play with shared/coach provided balls due to COVID regulations.

Earning money

  • Listed more items on eBay. It's been a slow selling week, but so far have sold:
    • A pair of like new shoes that Sam outgrew before wearing
    • A work top I decided against keeping, and never wore
    • A pair of speakers 
    • A pair of swim trunks
    • A shirt that was a gift but didn't fit

Avoiding spending

  • Picked garden produce - a few late strawberries, a cucumber, lots of tomatoes & a few jalapenos. I'm still waiting for the green peppers to get big. They are turning red, but not getting any bigger. Guess I'll have to pick them when they are on the smaller side. 
  • Meals "made" at home, still. We are expecting the kitchen to be back in service in a week or so. Fingers crossed.
That's all from our side. What about you? Any frugal wins to report?

5 comments:

  1. No kitchen is the pits we were 6 weeks without one when we remodeled. I am eating free garden produce from the family farms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sent a lot lately, but not dumb spending, so I guess that is the best I can do in terms of frugality.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crossing my fingers for you! I can't imagine no kitchen and a couple of teen boys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No frugal wins to report this week, but we are holding our own, which is good too. :)

    ReplyDelete