Saturday, August 29, 2020

Saturday, finally

 It was a long work week, but it's done. This is a busy season for me typically, with performance reviews & annual planning. As my meeting schedule & deliverables heat up, it becomes harder to juggle. I'm definitely ready for the weekend. 

After I finished work yesterday, I made pico de gallo, a triple batch of taco meat, and peanut butter/oatmeal/banana bars, to use up ripe bananas. The pico de gallo used up almost all of the tomatoes I'd picked over the week, but didn't make much of a dent in our jalapenos. I'll have to look into freezing them for the rest of the year.

I love routines & schedules, and have a daily checklist that currently includes:

  1. Working out
  2. Listing one item on eBay
  3. 3 walks (small walks around the block are okay, particularly if I've done other cardio workout)
  4. Journal
  5. Duolingo
  6. 1 kind deed
  7. 1 chore
I've added a posture challenge to my to do list, and am enjoying it. I have moderate scoliosis, and poor posture from decades over a computer, so I'm finding this helpful. If you are interested, the link (not a referral) can be found here

As for the kind deeds, we've continued to share our garden produce with multiple friends, offered cleaning supplies to a neighbor who was infected with COVID (not sick enough to be hospitalized, but still unwell & can't get out to buy supplies), & mailed cards to others.

Here's what's on my to do list for today:
  • Run
  • Plan menu for the week
  • Shopping list 
  • Vacuum
  • Clean the kitchen
  • And bathrooms
  • Boys are meeting with their soccer pod this afternoon
  • Laundry (keeping up with this crew's laundry demands is intense!)
  • Balance the budget/update all expenses
  • Make coleslaw, time permitting.
On to the menu plan:

Friday - we had tacos with pico de gallo
Saturday - Impossible burgers + coleslaw
Sunday - Chicken curry + rice
Monday - leftover burgers & coleslaw
Tuesday - leftover curry + rice
Wednesday - tacos with pico de gallo
Thursday - Any remaining leftovers
Friday - Pizza

What about you? What are you up to today? 

6 comments:

  1. I would love a recipe for the peanut butter/oatmeal/banana bars.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You bet. It was easy & delicious. https://sallysbakingaddiction.com/peanut-butter-banana-chocolate-chip-oatmeal-bars/

      Delete
  2. We are working hard to make life fun/interesting in spite of COVID, really hard, so today I am first paddleboarding, then walking at the beach, working in my yard for a bit afterward, then into my kitchen to prepare dinner for my daughter and her SO. They are bring Settlers to play after dinner. We've never played it, but I've heard about it, so I'm looking forward to it.

    Man, it's an effort these days. Nothing comes easy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those bars sound absolutely perfect right now. If I had the energy, I'd get right back up and bake them 😁

    Wiped myself out on Saturday. We spent time with friends (masked and outdoors of course) we haven't seen in years and who haven't been seeing anyone since March since one of them is immunocompromised and they're not taking any risks.

    Then I spent the afternoon roasting up protein to freeze for meals the next few weeks and months, and finished with a late night of constructing an organizer for JB. It was too long a day and I overextended myself so badly that today was just about a wash but I did get the dishes done, bacon trimmed, and paperwork squared away. I also trained JB in using their new organizer so they will be part of the solution and not just a clutter creator!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bars are great. Highly recommend for another time. I need that type of quick option that keeps me away from junky carb packaged snacks.

      Sorry to hear you pushed yourself on Saturday. Sounds like a good balance of productive & fun with friends. Love the idea of the organizer for JB & teaching him to fish! We just picked up the last of Sam's school materials, and the school gave him an organizer. Fingers crossed it gets used this year.

      Delete