Wow, it was a crazy night with thunder & lightning, and rain. We haven't had rain in months, & all of the weather was totally unexpected, with breaking news weather alerts going off throughout the night. I was awake from 3:00 am until 5:30, and finally fell asleep until 6. I was supposed to meet a friend for an early hike to avoid the heat, but we won't be doing that thanks to the continued risk of lightning. We may meet for a socially distanced coffee instead.
I'm tired, so it will be a long day today!
Here's what's on my list:
- Vacuum. We had lots of people working on various zoned off areas in the house, so want to get everything cleaned up
- Menu plan
- Pick up a few school supplies at Rite Aid
- Review work schedule for the week
- Build a training plan/schedule
- Clean outside fridge/freezer (didn't get to it yesterday)
- Laundry. My constant friend
- I need a couple of miles for my walking challenge, so will need to go when it cools off.
- Saturday - we had street tacos from Costco + salsa verde (yum!)
- Sunday - M will grill the pre-mix/seasoned fresh burger patties from Costco, and I picked up a potato salad from Trader Joes. Not our normal jam (we'd make these on our own, in non-kitchen remodel times), but it will work
- Monday - Impossible burgers (vegetarian option) that Sam has been wanting to try
- Tuesday - orange chicken & cauliflower rice
- Wednesday - leftover burgers
- Thursday - hot dogs & salad, watermelon
- Friday - pizza or tacos
- Saturday - we may go out to a socially distanced patio restaurant option