Friday, August 28, 2020

Frugal Friday

 Our house was moved off of the fire evacuation "warning list" earlier in the week, which greatly reduced our stress level. As of yesterday, the smoke appears to have cleared enough (for now) to allow for more outside activity, which really helps all of our moods. Sam, M & I are all running & Nick likes to ride his bike. It's hard to have the activities remove & maintain our well being. So, feeling lucky that it looks like we can go back to being outside & getting in some fitness.

Saving on things we buy

  • I used two coupons at the grocery store, saving $3.50. We're still buying a bit of produce there vs the produce stand, as the produce stand has minimal ability for social distancing. There prices are typically much cheaper, so we're missing it, but not enough to take any risks.
  • I also bought the inexpensive wine I'm enjoying this summer four at a time, which saves 10% off the purchase price. 

Earning money

  • Sales continue to be slow, but I'm still listing things on eBay, and the occasional item on FB marketplace. So far, have sold:
    •  A sports bra that didn't fit (me) properly
    • A vegetable garden kit
    • A running skirt
    • A pair of soccer shorts (both kids are much taller these days)

Avoiding spending

  • Made pico de gallo with jalapenos & tomatoes from the garden
  • Made banana muffins from overly ripe bananas I stored in the freezer last month
  • We went out to eat last Saturday night, but otherwise have been eating all meals at home.

What about you? Any frugal wins for the week? 

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm glad your house was removed from the fire evacuation "warning list". That is good news! I sold one thing on eBay this week. A Kilner Spiralizer Jar that we bought in a thrift store in Atlanta on a wedding trip. I think we gave $1.50 for it. So, not too bad. Sounds like you had a good and frugal week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we got your smoke, our air today is absolutely terrible. Or does the air not flow in that direction? I don't know where it's coming from but it means we can't get out today. :(
    I do hope we can get some good staples on sale at least, to compensate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am very thankful the local produce market I use has a strict mask policy and 6 foot distance marks marks painted on the floor. I have also noticed how impatient/entitled some people are.

    ReplyDelete