Saturday, January 9, 2021

Saturday, weekly spending & other fun

 It's shaping up to be a sunny day, so I'm hoping to get outside this morning for a run or walk. I'm sore from my workouts earlier in the week (clearly, not enough working out in December), so we'll see how things shape up in the next hour or so.

On the to do list for today:

  • I have a call for my volunteer job
  • House cleaning
  • Laundry (always)
  • I need to return a few things at the UPS store
  • Nick is making dinner tonight (rolls & soup), so I'll be available to provide guidance, should he need it
  • Costco (likely M)
  • Working out
  • List a bunch of stuff on eBay, clean out another area of the house
I used to track our weekly spending here with some regularity, but it's been a while. I thought I'd try the first week of January, to see how we did:

  • Utilities - $441.03. All of our monthly & quarterly utilities were due. 
  • Groceries - $226. This is both pretty high for a week, yet largely on track with where we've been in 2020. Still working on this one. We came home to a largely empty fridge after our trip, so we needed quite a bit.
  • Alcohol - $102.58. Costco had M's favorite whiskey, so he picked up two bottles. This should last for multiple months. 
  • Tennis lessons - $75. For Nick, this is 3 lessons. 
  • Donation - $50. I made an impromptu donation to a food bank, as part of a work event. 
  • Amazon - $48.17. Parts for our toilet, which M was able to successfully repair on his own. 

  • Total spent for the week = $942.78.  

    What about you? Do you track your weekly/month spending? Any special challenges going in January, as it relates to your spending? How are you doing? 

    3 comments:

    1. Budget still on track. Spent a little extra at the grocery store on sale for health and vitamins, but will save money in long run. I have some annual fees due this month, but other than that. Going well.

      ReplyDelete
    2. I was hoping to have a no spend challenge for the month and I have had to go to Wal mart every day this week. Dang!

      ReplyDelete
    3. I'm using January to figure out new spending patterns again with just the two if us. I plan to do more cooking once/ eating twice with lunch leftovers.

      ReplyDelete