Friday, January 1, 2021

Menu planning & other Friday fun

We had a really easy drive (or, as easy as a 12.5 hour drive can be) yesterday, and got home in time to have dinner together & toast the end of 2020. M & I were in bed before 9 (of course, we got up at 4 am for the drive), so we were quite the party animals. 

I have a list of activities & chores for today that should take me most of the day:

  • Menu plan
  • Grocery list
  • Work out, kicking off 2021 right
  • Unpack (I only took care of the perishables last night)
  • Pay bills & deal with the mail
  • Pick up a freebie porch item
  • Sell ski boots & cargo mat (contactless pickup)
  • Laundry (always)
As for the menu plan, here's what I'm thinking:
  • Friday - beef tacos (meat from the freezer) with pico de gallo & homemade chips
  • Saturday - Chicken curry & rice (use homemade coconut milk from the freezer)
  • Sunday - Spaghetti & meatballs (both from freezer)
  • Monday - leftover tacos
  • Tuesday - leftover curry
  • Wednesday - leftover spaghetti & meatballs
  • Thursday - keto chili
  • Friday - TBD
What about you? How will you ring in the new year today? Hope you all had a safe & wonderful New Year's Eve!

6 comments:

  1. Happy 2021! I'm so glad I found your blog - you inspire me in so many ways.

    I started out my day sitting quietly in the dark with my coffee, doing light exercises, and having an ultra healthy breakfast. Since then I've been "taking care of business":
    - Review and purge what's no longer wanted or needed (papers, electronic documents, online bookmarks, recipes, etc.).
    - Finish the financials for my husband's business.
    - Organize everything for both the business and personal tax returns.
    - Update our household inventory and take a video of all the spaces in our house for insurance purposes.

    The rest of the day will be spent on fun and frugality!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a great list of things to tackle! Way to be productive.

      Delete
  2. Nothing special planned for New Years just staying home. Best wishes to you in the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am resting, listening to podcasts, reading. Blogging...just stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing special but a good day. I splurged on coffee out with my daughter, drank in the car.

    ReplyDelete