Saturday, January 2, 2021

January Goals

 It's time to set some goals for January! My 2021 goals can be found here. I usually do pretty well with my goals in January, with the start of the year & all. 

Here's what I have in mind for the month.

Financial:

  • Stick to the budget (including revised grocery target)
  • Make $200 in side hustle
  • No clothing purchases for myself
  • Research lodging for (COVID tentative) Maui trip
  • Complete house project - gutters
Family:
  • Plan one fun activity with the kids. This is pretty hard during COVID, so may be something like a game night
  • Off the computer by 7:30 each evening
  • One "date" with M per month. Unclear how we will make this happen during our current lock down
  • Make a video for M's parents
Fitness/Health
  • Lose 2 lbs
  • Run 8 times
  • Track calories, eat a balanced diet
  • Complete 1,100 minutes of cardio, 10 strength & 4 stretching workouts. Complete daily January strength challenge
  • Meditate 15 times
  • Set up appointment for stomach issue
Personal/creative:
  • Practice Farsi &/or Spanish, at least 20 days
  • Do something social with friends at least once/month
  • Continue daily checkins & support of volunteer job
  • Write & journal regularly. Try fiction writing for at least 15 minutes. 
  • Shoot for no swearing for the month. This includes in text messages!
  • Crafty - Make two more hats for the homeless. Watch a couple of crocheting videos, to understand where I'm going wrong. 
  • Continue looking for opportunities to help others daily
What about you? What are you hoping to accomplish in January?

6 comments:

  1. Hi, I read your blog most of the time, but this is my first time to comment. I crochet a bit, so that goal of yours caught my eye. I can recommend Fiber Spider on You Tube for tutorials. He has a couple of fairly recent hat tutorials up on his channel. If you are not familiar with his work, he is very easy to follow and offers tips and things to watch our for in the tutorials. Hope this helps with your hats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you so much! I'm doing well with the hats (looming them), but have a scarf started & keep messing it up. I'll check out that recommendation.

      Delete
  2. I will check out the video suggezted. I'd love to crochet but am so insiccess at crafts. I might do a handful of January true goals. Yours are ambitious; good luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I put a lot on there & then see what sticks. ;-) I never accomplish all of my goals, but somehow feel motivated by the list instead of overwhelmed.

      Delete
  3. I always feel like your monthly goals suggest you have about 12 more hours in your days then I do XD

    In terms of energy equivalents, I suspect you do :) I haven't felt tempted to pick up my crochet hook in years but I am wanting to find a very basic sewing machine to do very simple projects and hopefully some mending.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I go through fits & spurts, but had a low energy November & December. I'm hoping to bounce back a bit in January, as I've had two full weeks off of work.

      I like the crafty projects. I need the distraction right now, and find it keeps me from reading the news or doing other things that aren't super useful to my well being.

      Delete