Sunday, January 24, 2021

Before the rain

I'm hoping to get outside today before it starts raining, hence the title. We're expecting rain every day for the next ten days, minus Monday. I suppose it's a good thing I have some indoor exercise options (DVDs & an elliptical).

I was reasonably productive yesterday, and made a trip to Rite Aid to spend some rewards & take advantage of their $15/50 offer. I now have $35 of new rewards & plan to go back today to pick up a few things.

Nick made this creamy garlic parmesan chicken (Keto friendly) recipe yesterday & it was delicious. It took him a while to complete all of the steps, but luckily, he had made a loaf of bread earlier in the day, so he & Sam polished that off while dinner was in motion.

As for today, here's what's on the to do list:

  • Make granola
  • Finish off the lemons
  • Clean the kitchen
  • Vacuum
  • Work out
  • Track down Nick's high school registration, which seems to have gone missing
  • Rite Aid
  • Figure out my work/work out schedule for the week
  • Print my weekly template for tomorrow
  • I'm making dinner - a sesame beef crockpot recipe
What about you? What are you up to today?


6 comments:

  1. Thank you for the link to the recipe. It sounds delicious. I am impressed with your son's ability to put an entire meal together.
    I hope your day was wonderful and you got to do the things you planned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was pretty productive this weekend. Not having much on the schedule certainly helps!

      Delete
  2. I echo thank you for the recipe. I hope you recap what you did with the lemons. The gifts of lemon curd for neighbors is thoughtful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lemon curd, limoncello, gave some away, and juiced/zested the rest.

      Delete
  3. How old is the son who cooks? It's great he is interested.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's 13. His allowance specifies he has to make one meal a week, but we've added that because he really enjoys cooking normally. Including it in the allowance is extra motivation. Both kids have a standing list of chores, and then "one hour of additional chores - Mom's choice" per week. Often he'll help with other menu items, towards part of his hour of bonus chore time.

      Delete