Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Weekly Wednesdays - Week 1 & 2

I'm going to try a new system where I post weekly updates on my goals. I've seen this work on a few other blogs, and I'm hoping it will keep me motivated. 

I'm going to uplevel my goals into the categories, to keep things easier. 

Here's how I've done with these buckets for the past two weeks (week 1 & week 2 of 2021).

Financial:

  • We're close to being able to achieve our mortgage 1/2 way point goal. We'll wait until our refinance closes to complete this, but I keep making small payments with all of my side hustle.
  • I've made $157 in side hustle income, and chased down a refund due to us, and filed a dispute with our credit card on a service we never received.
  • No clothing purchases for myself
Family:
  • M & I picked up our wine club wine & ran errands one day. We have also gone for a walk 2x to chat, and both times the kids magically wanted to come. When a teen wants to spend time with you, you don't say no.
  • I'm largely off the computer (minus reading) by 7:30 each evening
  • I've made a video for M's family, which they loved
Fitness/Health:
  • I lost 1 lb in the first two weeks, and ran 3 times.
  • I'm doing really well at tracking my calories & have been working out each day.
  • I'm making progress with my food allergy/stomach issue. I've had a doctor's appointment & have lab work scheduled. 
Personal/creative:
  • I'm practicing Spanish most day
  • I've been consistently: volunteering, doing a virtual girls happy hour, & journaling
  • I've been pretty spotty on the crafty stuff
  • I'm always a work in progress on the improve myself bucket (judge less, listen more) but have made really good strides on the "stop swearing". I've added it to my daily checklist (I mark off days when I haven't sworn & I'm 11/14. Considering one of those days was the Capitol Riot, I'm feeling pretty good about my progress. 
  • I'm continuing to think of things I can do for others. 


15 comments:

  1. You are doing fabulous! Keep it up. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Breaking it out into weekly progress is motivating

      Delete
  2. Wonderful weekly goals. I wish you nothing but success this week and you are correct: when a teen wants to spend time with his parents, by all means spend that time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For sure- that teen time is rare, despite us all being home together for months on end

      Delete
  3. Keeping the goals front and center seems to be working for you. You have a lot of progress. I have more hopes than goals this year, but should take a look back and see where I am heading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm liking the regular check ins. It both reminds me of all that I have accomplished, as well as areas that need more time & attention

      Delete
  4. Nice work! Sending extra good vibes to you on resolving your tummy issue. I share some of your goals, and I fully expect to do much less swearing (maybe none?) from here on out! On the helping others front, I have identified key areas that are especially important to me and am looking for ways I can continue to help from a distance. Today I reached out to my local library to see how much it would take to pay off the fines for families who can not pay them and can no longer check out materials for their children. I hate to see anyone go without, especially children.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely a work in progress, but I have been much more under control with the swearing. And, I LOVE your idea of paying off the library fines. Fantastic & inspirational. Thanks for sharing.

      Delete
  5. I'm impressed with your ongoing side hustle. That takes effort to keep it going. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It takes effort for sure, but as a hard core declutterer, it serves both needs of regular financial progress, & getting rid of junk.

      Delete
  6. So proud of you on the swearing thing, especially during the capitol riots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some days were more difficult than others, for sure!

      Delete
  7. The Capitol riot was AWEFUL. I remember when the Senate was stormed during the Kavanaugh hearing, and the White House during the last day of the Republican Convention. AWEFUL all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. With you on the swearing thing - I've sworn more in the last four years than the rest of my life combined. 😆

    ReplyDelete