Monday, January 25, 2021

A weekend recap

Wow, it's Monday already. Yesterday went by very quickly, somehow!

I was quite productive, actually. I went to Rite Aid to use my $35 of rewards, spent those on food (some for us, some for the food bank). The kids were very excited to see cereal come into the house. We don't keep it on hand, but I sometimes buy it as a snack. I now have $22 in rewards in future weeks. 

I made a one bowl chocolate chip banana bread to use up some overly ripe bananas, which was quick & easy. I kept 2/3 for the hungry teens & gave the rest to our lovely neighbor. 

I helped Nick make another loaf of the Frugal Girl's French bread, which is a new staple at our house. I worked out. I cleaned the house. We dropped off the basketball hoop (which, was pretty difficult to manage, down a hill) to our neighbors. I listed a few items on eBay & FB market place. I reached out to a friend, chatted with my parents, updated Nick's high school registration, made a somewhat disappointing dinner recipe (not enough flavor) & watched a movie with the kids. 

As for the rest of the lemons, I gave some away with my Buy Nothing pickups (people were thrilled for the bonus), juiced & zested some for the freezer, & had to toss one that got squished in the bowl. They are finally off of my counter/out of the fridge!

And with that, I'm off to work out & get ready for the work week. Hope you all have a lovely Monday!

10 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good weekend, especially the time spent with the guys! You can do other things later but you can't create more time which is what they remember mot when they are grown.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so true. They have their moments where they enjoy parent time, and you have to capitalize when it happens!

      Delete
  2. First, yeah for fast passing days, a big challenge for many of us during these COVID times. Plus, yum, banana bread! I was going to freeze two very ripe bananas, but I think I'll make bread now with them instead after reading your update just now!

    It's been rainy and blustery here all morning, but the sun is now beginning to peep out, so I'm thinking I'll head to the harbor for a walk just as soon as the installers arrive for our new shower glass walls.

    BTW- I recently reorganized my blog to make it more goal oriented, due very largely to being incentivized by the goal orientation of your blog. So, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The banana bread was so good - I had to put it aside. Delicious & couldn't be easier.

      Love to hear that the goals gave you inspiration for your blog! I posted today that I stole a new idea from Laura (Occasional Nomads) on a checklist, to accompany my goals. I really love the idea sharing that happens between the blogs.

      Delete
  3. Love the blog Hawaii Planner! You had a busy but productive weekend! Amazing to see that you had time to buy food, make awesome recipes, list items to sell, and yet still make time for family to watch a movie. Very inspiring, keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not all weekends are as balanced, but I'll take what I can get! :-)

      Delete
  4. I am finding the days go fairly fast, though I still am watching too much streaming. I was only feeling fair this weekend-so tired, so just let my body take the sleep I needed. I would love a nice slice of lemon cake and tea, but that would require making some! My frozen banana pile is growing, plus likely I'll have yogurt that will need to be used in baking-chocolate chip banana bread sounds like a great use. I have two siblings with birthdays this week-I think they'll get bread with their cards!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a huge frozen banana pile, so I'm trying not to add to it! Love the idea of chocolate chip banana bread to go with the sibling birthday cards. I thought this recipe was ridiculously easy & good.

      Delete
  5. I started doing a work out program last night and I am so sore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you! It's always so hard to get started.

      Delete