Monday, January 11, 2021

January - 1/3 of the way there, goal check in

January is whizzing by. For my own sake, I thought I should check in on how I'm doing towards my January goals, with 1/3 of the month gone. 

Financial:

  • Stick to the budget (including revised grocery target) - we are tracking at 60% of our grocery budget, with just 1/3 of the month lapsed. So, that's not great. But, the house was empty when we returned from the holidays, so I'll cheer myself up by saying we can (hopefully) come reasonably close now that we're well stocked. 
  • Make $200 in side hustle - I'm at $157, which is well on track
  • No clothing purchases for myself - on track
  • Research lodging for (COVID tentative) Maui trip - researched & booked!
  • Complete house project - gutters - done!
Family:
  • Plan one fun activity with the kids. This is pretty hard during COVID, so may be something like a game night - not yet
  • Off the computer by 7:30 each evening - the news consumed me a bit for a few nights last week, but I'm back on track
  • One "date" with M per month. Unclear how we will make this happen during our current lock down - we ran errands & picked up our wine at our wine club (contactless trunk pickup). It was nice to chat, despite it being quick & not terribly date like.
  • Make a video for M's parents - done! 
Fitness/Health
  • Lose 2 lbs - I've lost 1/2 a lb so far
  • Run 8 times - 2x
  • Track calories, eat a balanced diet - doing well on this 
  • Complete 1,100 minutes of cardio, 10 strength & 4 stretching workouts. Complete daily January strength challenge - 325 minutes of cardio, but completing a daily strength & stretching workout
  • Meditate 15 times - 2x so far. Need to increase this.
  • Set up appointment for stomach issue - set up, had the appointment, and doing my labs at the end of the week!
Personal/creative:
  • Practice Farsi &/or Spanish, at least 20 days - 5 days so far
  • Do something social with friends at least once/month - one girls (virtual) happy hour
  • Continue daily checkins & support of volunteer job - yes, on track
  • Write & journal regularly. Try fiction writing for at least 15 minutes. - I'm on track with the journal writing, but haven't tried the fiction writing yet.  
  • Shoot for no swearing for the month. This includes in text messages! - I had two days where I swore (1x/each). I blame the news & the events in Washington DC.
  • Crafty - Make two more hats for the homeless. Watch a couple of crocheting videos, to understand where I'm going wrong. - no progress here.
  • Continue looking for opportunities to help others daily - I've been giving things away on Buy Nothing, loaned a neighbor a tool, volunteering, donated to a cause, etc. 

What about you? How are you doing with your January goals?

11 comments:

  1. Well done!
    I am always impressed with how much you accomplish .

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing a great job. Booking lodging for Hawaii is the most exciting thing on your list. I love planning and booking vacations. Have you ever thought of having a car date with M? Like driving to the beach and watching the sunset? Having a picnic at a remote location with just you two? Can your boys stay home alone? Just an idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love the idea of a car date. We may do that this weekend!

      Delete
  3. I bet you will settle into the month now that the holidays are done, and the new normal if that is allowed to say, with school and work resumes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to have a solid "return to school" date. I mentally need to know how much longer we're doing this. I know that's impossible & unrealistic, but it would be such a big motivator for me!

      Delete
  4. You are doing so well. I am just sticking to my financial goals, but still need to take down Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your use of colors to illustrate the status of each of your goals. Reminds me of the dashboard reports I used to create at work - but yours is so much more interesting! Seeing a sea of green and yellow can be so motivating. And "seeing red" can be a good reminder of what to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Likewise - I've stolen this from work concepts. :-) It definitely reminds me where I need to invest more time

      Delete
  6. I'm with you on the news, the swearing, the lock down, online schooling.... LOVE that your 12 year old is looming scarves.

    My boys have largely switched to tennis, which is more COVID friendly at the moment

    ReplyDelete