Sunday, January 10, 2021

Sunday things

 Yesterday was a reasonably productive day, & the weather was gorgeous. I got out for two walks (one with the entire family) & used the elliptical machine.

Nick made dinner, and I'd recommend both recipes. He made this ham & bean soup from Budget Bytes, which was fantastic. And, tried his hand at bread making for the first time, and this Frugal Girl French bread recipe is easy, delicious & cheap. He's already made a second loaf today. :-) 

I also made this Budget Bytes recipe for peanut butter brownie baked oatmeal to have on hand for quick breakfasts this week, and it's also really good. 

I really needed a positive to look forward to, with all of the chaos right now. I have been keeping my eye out for a good hotel/condo option for our (COVID tentative) trip to Hawaii in June with my parents. I think I found a great option, and Costco had the rooms at a large discount. I booked, and it's so nice to begin the travel planning process. *fingers crossed for 2021*

As for today, here's what I need to do:

  • Vacuum
  • Clean the kitchen (always an adventure after the boys have cooked)
  • Build my workout schedule for the week/review my work schedule
  • Package & mail 2 eBay sales
  • List the boys basketball hoop
  • Make dinner (egg roll in a bowl)
With that, I'm off to be productive. Hope you all have a fabulous day!

6 comments:

  1. I am tempted to find some kind of vacation for early summer, but have to have a vaccine first.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you. We're hopeful my parents will have a vaccine before we leave.

      Delete
  2. I think having your sons be in charge of some of the food prep is just wonderful. All of my sons are the main cook in their households and all three wives have thanked me for teaching/ encouraging them in the kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great learning experience - despite the mess! :-)

      Delete
  3. That bread sounds like an easy winner. I have all ingredients-but do I have Nick's energy? Nope!

    ReplyDelete