Saturday, January 23, 2021

All the tests, and Saturday happenings

I'm thankful it's Saturday. I need a day without work. It's not supposed to rain today or Monday, but the forecast calls for rain all of the other days. As much as it makes being outside harder, I know we need it, so I'll be grateful for the rain. 

I need to deal with all of the rest of the lemons today. Sparkling water included for size reference. Also, you can see my tomatoes ripening on the window sill. :-) 



On Wednesday, I had some tests done for an ongoing stomach/food allergy problem. When I went for my labs, I forgot that I was supposed to have blood work done to check on my lupus. Because of COVID, I'd put that off & forgotten all about it. As a result, it was a ton of blood work, plus a stomach test. I didn't feel great all day on Wednesday (a combination of being anemic & having lots of blood drawn, plus drinking a nasty tasting drink so they cold measure the impact on my digestive system.) I've received most of the labs back, and the good news is that my lupus remains under control. I do continue to have the same issues as normal: anemia, low vitamin D, low iron, and low vitamin B12. I've added in some additional supplements, at my doctor's request. As always, I feel lucky that my lupus is well managed, without medication. That's a rarity. The low vitamin D explains why I've felt a bit more run down lately, so hopefully the supplement will help.

Other things for today:
  • Package and mail 2 eBay sales (a shirt & a hoodie)
  • Go for a run
  • Dinner will be this new (Keto) chicken dish
  • Take Nick to outdoor/masked/socially distanced volleyball training. It's actually not volleyball (they can't share balls), so just general fitness training
  • Perhaps a trip to Target while Nick is at volleyball
  • Check in on my dad, who hasn't been feeling well
  • Deal with the lemons
  • Finish up my limoncello
  • Talk to our neighbors about trimming a tree
I think that's mostly it. I do still need to organize my eBay closet today, but I'm not sure if I'm up for it. We'll see. What about you? What are you up to this weekend?

6 comments:

  1. I love "deal with the lemons" on your list. It feel like a metaphor for life right now! Do lemon slices freeze well? I thought if they do, how nice to take a slice out whenever you have a cold glass of ice water and just pop it in. I'm happy to hear your lupus is being managed. Vitamin D deficiency is a literally drag, so hope you get all the boosters and start feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a metaphor for our current life! I haven't tried freezing them in slices, but I love that idea & will try it.

      Yes, here's hoping the supplements really help with my energy level. November-February is always really hard for me, as the Vitamin D outdoor options drop so much.

      Delete
  2. Great news on the lupus test results, I'm glad you've gotten some decent answers. Fingers crossed that the supplements help with your feeling run down.

    We're attempting our first planned outdoors, masked, distanced playdate for JB today. I REALLY hope that the promised rain doesn't hit, and that it goes well so we can finally have some kind of a safe play outlet for JB, they've been without for almost a year. Wish us luck?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sending all of the good thoughts for a play date for JB. I totally relate. I have one kid who is really good about finding masked options with friends, and one who has done maybe 3 social things since COVID started. (He has a super sweet girlfriend & they occasionally get together.) It's so important for the kids to get social time with friends.

      Fingers crossed!

      Delete
  3. Great news about your lupus being under control. I'm anemic too. Don't know if you eat cereal, but I've found that eating a bowl on Walmart brand Bran Flakes, helps me get through the day. It contains lots of other nutrients too, so I always feel a lot better after eating it. I do keep iron supplements too.

    Alternatively, you can try Fiber One Honey Clusters. Both these cereals show 100% daily iron value. I also eat lots of beets (not just because I really love it..lol), because it's supposed to be good for anemia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the suggestions. I have a type of anemia that's hard to treat with dietary changes, or supplements, unfortunately. I also love beets, and didn't know that. Maybe they will go on the s hopping list!

      Delete