We were in Sonoma over the weekend, and definitely caught up for lost time on spending on travel! :) We had a wonderful time, and tried to stay on track for other frugal wins, so we can afford these occasional splurges.
Saving on things we buy
- Used $5 of grocery store rewards to pick up dinner items for Sunday
- Used a $1 digital coupon for another store item
- I didn't list any new eBay items over the weekend, but made a few sales:
- An outgrown kids shirt
- An insulated wine bag
- A dress that's too big
- A work shirt that I don't envision wearing, post-COVID
- An outgrown running jacket
- An accessory for a Garmin
- Uploaded all of our receipts to Fetch & iBotta. Used a few $.10 iBotta offers, big money style ;-)
- We got home late afternoon on Sunday, but didn't feel like spending money or eating out again, after Friday & Saturday. So, I picked up ingredients & we had tacos, pico de gallo, guac, chips, etc. It was delicious.
Eating all of our food
- Used cilantro & jalapenos from the yard for pico de gallo
- Helped my parents with some tech stuff. This is an ongoing process, whenever they visit. :-)
- Sorted out a return for my parents
- Tracked down & returned a neighbor's dog
- Continued with my checkins & support for my volunteer job
That's it from our side? What about you? Any frugal wins, or ways you've helped others?
I find eating out when we are traveling a chore and try to avoid it. It can be frustratin when I am traveling with family that don't have our values, and eat out way too much and waste.ReplyDelete
Always take food with us when we travel. That way we can visit sites that need to be paid for.ReplyDelete
When Kris comes home we always have some tech problems he needs to fix for us.
How neat that you were able to travel to Sonoma. I'm glad you had a wonderful time.ReplyDelete
Your tacos sound delicious, we love them here.