It's been a week around these parts! Plenty of chaos, and plenty to feel grateful about.
Sam's high school soccer season came to an abrupt end, as another school team had a COVID outbreak, and exposed two other teams. We played one of the infected teams on Tuesday, but our players are taking twice weekly COVID tests (not all teams are). Sam again tested negative on Thursday, and we are very happy about that.
He's quite sad to see the season end, but we are happy he had the experience, and that he is safe & healthy. Sam's 15, so we have our fingers crossed that the Pfizer vaccine will be extended to both kids (Nick is 14) in the next month or so.
I fell while running on Thursday. A dog & I surprised each other coming around a shady corner, and the dog lunged, I tried to pivot another way & tripped over a pot hole. I managed to put my hands down to avoid falling on my face, but I have road rash on my hands, and hit my entire right side of my body on the concrete. Luckily, I was wearing my nicer running pants, and they held up well & protected me from additional road rash. But, oh does my right side ache. I can't comfortably lift my right arm over shoulder height. Getting my sports bra on & off nearly required additional assistance. My knee & hip are uncomfortable, but that shoulder is the real challenge. I'm already thinking of the kitchen chores I can assign to Nick this weekend (he'll love the chance to earn some extra $$). Putting dishes on the higher shelves, reaching for spices, etc are all bothering me. But, I am similarly feeling grateful that I didn't break or sprain anything. My hands are already healing nicely, I didn't require a hospital visit, and I'm hopeful that my shoulder pain will be gone in a few days. I can still be active, within reason.
I had to deliver a very hard message at work, so I'm very happy that's over & I can move on to the next phase. I lost a lot of sleep over the situation, and feel relieved that it's done.
We have a reasonably quiet Saturday today. No club soccer, Sam is meeting a few friends at a park for a masked up outdoor birthday gathering. He will play tennis in the afternoon. Both boys are getting hair cuts, because they are looking super shaggy.
M is going to grill chicken & make rice, and I have a few tasks to complete:
- Laundry. Always
- Finish CD project. I uploaded a bunch of old CDs to the Decluttr app. Unfortunately, M had taken his CD collection (YEARS ago) out of the original cases for storage. In order to sell them, they have to be added back, with the appropriate label & insert. I'm so happy these are going somewhere useful that's not my garage, I'm willing to do the work. Oh, but it's a hassle.
- Find boxes to package Decluttr order.
- List on Buy Nothing all of the CDs & movies Decluttr wouldn't accept. If no interest, figure out another option. Electronics recycling?
- Pick & then juice all lemons. Get Nick to help, as it's quite an arm workout (we have a juicer that has a manual turn)
- Clean fridge
- Organize & inventory freezer
- Start list for the beach house (what we can get rid of, what people have asked for, what I can sell, etc)
- Some sort of slow workout that involves no upper body workout
What are you grateful for this week? What are you up to this weekend?
It really has been some week there! So glad to hear Sam tested negative. Sorry to hear about your fall, maybe you should try to take it easy this weekend?! I hope you are feeling better soon.ReplyDelete
Savory jams with fruit, cheese, meats and good bread is heaven! I'm sorry for your work issue.ReplyDelete
I am so sorry for your injury, but glad you have an aspiring chef to rely on for some meal help.ReplyDelete
Also sorry for the difficult work conversation. Those are never fun.